Default Government -- always 2nd slot in Editor?

Mithadan

Wandering Woodsman
I've modded my governments and have changed the default government to the one occupying the 7th slot in the editor. It's flagged as "default type" and yet for some reason, all civs seem to start with the government in the second slot in the editor (where "Despotism" is in Vanilla).

Am I doing something wrong, or does this "default type" flag simply not work?

I've modded my governments and have changed the default government to the one occupying the 7th slot in the editor. It's flagged as "default type" and yet for some reason, all civs seem to start with the government in the second slot in the editor (where "Despotism" is in Vanilla).

Am I doing something wrong, or does this "default type" flag simply not work?

In your Editor click on the Scenario drop-down menu and click Scenario Properties. Then click on the Players tab. You'll see a drop-down menu in the center of the page that says Government. Whichever government shows in the window is the government that the player starts with.

If you've saved your government modding, go to this Players page and click on that menu to see if you new government (7th place?) is listed. If it is, choose it for each player that you want to start in that govrnment, and save again.

If you also have it chosen as the default, things should work out fine,with no conflict. But you may have to do this for each biq you make up with the new government.

Ah, thanks! I'll give that a shot.

Top Bottom