• Summary tab

Votes: 22 95.7%
  • Other (post in thread with idea)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

superslug

Still hatin' on Khan
Hall of Fame Staff
Currently, the HOF page when loaded defaults to the Map Size tab, loading a random list of tables. This was done after some users commented on how the former default to the Summary tab seemed too much information for one screen, that it didn't really highlight any individual games.

Thoughts?

i usually look thru summary tab first than sometimes will look at some things in more detail.. but summary tab is the way to go :)

I would suggest that Summary page should remain the same, but when some game are clicked new page could be opened, showing the list of 10 or 15 games in a list in clicked cathegory, and from there on individual games could be selected.

In that way IMHO is much easely to accest desired list of games as thru other tabs. Because of that I would propose that Summary tab should be default page when opening HOF webpage.

Seraphinus said:
I would suggest that Summary page should remain the same, but when some game are clicked new page could be opened, showing the list of 10 or 15 games in a list in clicked cathegory, and from there on individual games could be selected.

I think you can do that already. Clicking on the map-size icon across the top of each table, or the victory type icons down the left of each table will take you to a page showing all the games in each category.You either get a page for all victory types for a given map size, or all map sizes for a given vicotry condition. You can then look at individual games from there.

I believe what Seraphinus is asking is that the Summary page doesn't change when you click on a different tab, but instead a new page is automatically opened when you select a tab or option. Basically you would be opening another link, or like right-clicking and selecting 'Open in New Window' in the submenu.

Ah, I see. :)

For that, Id suggest using Firefox, and clicking the link with the mouse wheel or middle mouse button.

Summary tab.

I vote for summary.

But additionally you should reorder the left menu. My proposal is

Hall of Fame
Gauntlet
Statistics
Rules/FAQ
Mod

In my opinion this is more "natural".

Basically I want to propose that if on Summary page any game is clicked, new window is opened with list of games with the same map size, difficulty and win condition as the game I clicked on. This way navigation thru different ladders would be much more elegent IMHO.

Gee folks, tell us what you really think.

I've been generating a todo list of changes to the website for when we finally get the Challenge up and running. I'll add a change to the summary tab to the list.

Dianthus said:
Does that mean you're admitting to being the oddball? :mischief:
Even I had a change of heart:

Attachments

• my vote.bmp
    86.5 KB · Views: 92
superslug said:
Gee folks, tell us what you really think.

I've been generating a todo list of changes to the website for when we finally get the Challenge up and running. I'll add a change to the summary tab to the list.

I have just been flicking through the hof, and the layout looks very good, both the summary tab, and the ability to sort by difficulty, etc. I'd suggest that there should be an 'any' tab for difficulty and map size, not just for game speed, so you can look at all the emperor cultural victories together, to pick a random VC and difficulty.

What would be good to see on the todo list is adopting the same layout for the civ3 hof, especially the summary. Is there any chance that the same code will be easy to adapt and use for civ3 results?

Top Bottom