Deity cookbook I: Gilgamesh from Sumeria

It's because, as Obsolete said, Darius is a vassal, and as such you get full BFC in your own culture from DARIUS.

BUT the Joao, has greater Culture on the city, immediately around it, due to his cities, it was probably in danger of Culturally flipping to Joao, when Obsolete took it off Darius.

The outer Purple ring, seems to be closer to Darius cities, but the inner ring, is swamped by Joao, who'll probably culturally flip the city, if the game went on.

Obsolete > i have some questions about your warring strat. Usualy i beeline rifle and upgrade like 10 CR2 mace to rifle + 10-20 built/draft rifles and use spy and/or trebs to cut defense. Works pretty well (thx snaaty for this strat ;))but i see in your report you are teching to mil trad and use cavalry to attack your neighbours :confused:
1) why use cav instead of rifle? Is it for the 2 movement points? Is it for the 30% withdraw chance?
2) do you build them from scratch or do you upgrade precedents units? if yes what do you build and what is the cost of upgrade?
3) what promotion do you use on them? flanking? combat?...
4) how do you deal with defense of cities? i see in your report that you don't have siege and and your EP are on Pacal when you attack sulei's cities. Those are protected by machine gun 18 str + 60% defense + 25% fortified = 21.33 against 15 cavs, odds are pretty bad
4) i suppose you are using flanking 2 cavs who have 60% withdraw chance and use a super medic unit to heal your army to go fast on next city, i am right?

I've said it many times, but people on monarch never listen. Flank is the sign of an amateur. Always go pinch. I only drop walls when I have enough points with spies, otherways I will slam my cavalry into the cities regardless. You can run circles around the AI with cav and trick them into defending the wrong cities. Also you can slam into cities loaded with airships etc, before the AI gets enough time remove them behind the lines.

As for builds, I'll build em as soon as I can, and will upgrade charriots, horse-archers, phants, and curaisers which I will build just before when I have time.

Those are protected by machine gun 18 str + 60% defense + 25% fortified = 21.33 against 15 cavs, odds are pretty bad.

It's great. I lose little cav, but take out his stack of rifles in there, his machine gun, and 3 AIRSHIPS, AND I take a border city out of his hands (permanently) while gaining a city myself (permanently). I do this all in a single turn, which means even less produced/drafted/fortified/regroupd units for him than if I sat there trying to bombard or walking 1 tile at a time. If someone doesn't see the power in this, they better stick to epic-speed or lower.

Cannons/artillery aren't too bad, just five with accuracy can take out 100% defenses so cities can easily be captured in one turn in that era... though the two movement points certainly sound attractive. Is it all about making enough cavalry to suicide without restraint, keeping a steady stream going?

I always keep a steady stream of cavalry rushing. And I keep a medic III cav to keep up with the moving front lines.

Artillery would never keep up in a million years.

Artillery would never keep up in a million years.

The idea is to have a group of inital core cannons/Artillaries to soften AI strong holds at turn 1 of war, and have the reinforcing calvaries to keep up with the siege to take front-line cities in an efficient manner and keep your losses to minimum.

Top Bottom