Deity Space Advantage?

Johnpecan

Warlord
I now the deity advantage increases as the era increases, but I found out in a tight space race something a little strange.

I launched my spaceship the exact same year as Pacal. Knowing the that human turn comes first I believe I have won. I sit back and get ready to relish in the pleasure of a deity win!

When the spaceship lands and victory text stated,I look at my score and it's remarkably low... then I realize that I actually LOST the space race to Pacal. I launched the space ship the same turn as him so what happened?

1) Do deity spaceships actually travel faster? Does it take them less than 10 turns (on normal) to reach alpha centurai?

2) Do computer players actually get their space race victory calculated first even though the human player has the first turn?

3) ?????

Any ideas what happened?

Did you research Wormhole Manipulation tech? If Pacal had that over you, it would explain why he managed to get there a few turns earlier.

Did you research Wormhole Manipulation tech? If Pacal had that over you, it would explain why he managed to get there a few turns earlier.
this would be my thought as well. Prereqs are future tech 4 and relativity-made-practicalism.

In all earnest, the human turn does not 'come first'. If the AI succeeds in fulfilling a victory condition in the same turn as you do - that is the same turn number as you do - then it is actually decided by a toss, or so DanF explained once. So there you go, you had a legitimate shot for the victory but were unfortunate.

this would be my thought as well. Prereqs are future tech 4 and relativity-made-practicalism.

In all earnest, the human turn does not 'come first'. If the AI succeeds in fulfilling a victory condition in the same turn as you do - that is the same turn number as you do - then it is actually decided by a toss, or so DanF explained once. So there you go, you had a legitimate shot for the victory but were unfortunate.

Does the same rule apply when building wonders? What about Multiplayers while playing simultanenous turns?

We both had the same amount of Thrusters/Engines. Not that it was relevant but I had 5 casings and he only had 3!

But I know that the human turn DOES come first for building wonders. AKA, if you're 1 turn away from building a wonder, and you confirm the wonder hasn't been built, you're guaranteed to have it completed first. (I know sometime before BTS there was a time where this wasn't true, but I've confirmed it is true now).

So with that fact of getting the first turn for wonders, it would only make sense that the same rule applies for checking space victories. But alas, either it doesn't apply, or deity spaceships just fly faster!

Hitting "end turn" immediately finishes wonders and whipped units, before anyone else's turn starts.

But victory conditions are different, they are only checked once per round with dice rolls to break ties.

didn't it used to be something about who had more hammers invested in it?

I think that theory was invented before the SDK was released, but I don't believe there was ever supporting evidence in the code.

Hitting "end turn" immediately finishes wonders and whipped units, before anyone else's turn starts.

But victory conditions are different, they are only checked once per round with dice rolls to break ties.
I thought that it only finished whipped productions at the end of the turn. ie. I thought that if your wonder is just 1 turn from completion, you can still miss out if the AI whips theirs; but if you whip yours then you will definitely get it.

I thought that it only finished whipped productions at the end of the turn. ie. I thought that if your wonder is just 1 turn from completion, you can still miss out if the AI whips theirs; but if you whip yours then you will definitely get it.
I thought, Obsolete tracked that issue down -- if you check the wonders page during your turn, you'll see the AI has already built it. You just didn't get the log message until the next turn.

No, everything is finished at the end of the turn- otherwise building just-in-time city defenses would be even trickier.

Didn't know that about the spaceships. If it makes you feel better, imagine they had an epic star wars-esque battle in the alpha centauri system. Or pick up the Planetfall mod, rename one of the enemy civs after Pacal, and raze him early. ;)

Ok, well maybe I don't really know anything about when stuff is built - but I remember once on simultaneous turn mode I was going to finish a wonder on the next turn, but when I ended my turn the AI beat me to it - but after reloading and whipping I beat them to it. ie. whipping it to completion when it would have finished next turn anyway made the difference between getting it and not getting it. -- but maybe that's just a quirk of simultaneous mode, or maybe I've just misremembered it!

I loathe simultaneous mode with the burning of a thousand suns, so I couldn't tell you about how it works. ;) I would expect it to either have an internal turn order or to have all end of turns be, well, simultaneous, in which case I would expect the same rule to apply as does for victory checks.

Top Bottom