Delayed recruitment of founding father?

Stormreaver

Warlord
Can I abstain from recruiting a founding father when I reach his required total and the popup pops, and then change my mind, come back and recruit him later? How?

Clicking on the FFs head in the FF menu (F6) did no good, neither did clicking on the corresponding hand with the coins...

I believe the answer you are looking for is "no". You either take him/her or do not when offered - so have a good idea of who you want in mind :)

Really? I need to go home and read the civilopedia again, from reading it before playing my first game I was also under the impression that you could e.g. bypass the first guy in line, get the second guy in line, then later get the first guy in line as your second member of the continental congress... :(

My understanding is that if you pass on a FF you will never get a second chance.

Take a hard look at the benefits, and don't be afraid to pass one up if it's not going to help you a great deal. Some FF's are way better than others.

Yeah, it depends on your overall strategy. Sometimes saving points for a better Founding Father is a good option, particularly if the AIs seem to be focused on getting all the early ones.

How points are collected for the Foundin Fathers to join you? I never build those points instead of buildings or ships, but still get some Founding Fathers to join me... Second question: is it true, that you have to reject some weak Founding Fathers to have enough points for better Founding Fathers?

Not necessarily. When you recruit a Founding Father, obviously you spend points according to his cost, which means you've to start accumulating points from scratch in order to reach the next one. However, if you skip an FF, you keep the points and therefore can reach the next one considerably faster. Should be common sense.

Also, in reply to your other question, the central requirement for all Founding Fathers is Political Points, which you accumulate as you produce liberty bells in your settlements.

I do not produce liberty bells and I still got another Founding Father. Something else also produces those points. Are those points shown anythere? How can I determine when will I get another FF ?

Your colonies possibly generate a minimum amount of political points per turn.

Points are shown in the Founding Fathers screen, where you can check all the FFs, their abilities and cost, and the amount of each point type you have accumulated. Bars fill according to your points, so you can see who's closer to joining your cause.

I believe that as you take actions pertaining to the category that points accumulate. Best guesses

Revealed Tiles: Exploration
Selling Goods: Trade
Killing Things: Military
Crosses + Missionaries: Religion
Bells + Town Halls?: Political

Think I got them all.

It would be good to see a full breakdown of the factors involved in accumulating points. For instance I believe building stockades and forts adds to your Military points.

Top Bottom