Democracy goes on a holiday;)

allhailIndia

Deity
Now don't get me wrong, I am a very very staunch believer in the humour value of a well-organized democracy and would never, ever give it up for a dictatorship even if the Information Minister is Comical Ali;), but this is quite hilarious indeed...

What is funnier is that all of this is happening in the supposedly technocrat ruled bangalore;)

BJP keeps Karnataka MLAs on the move

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sam Daniel

Watch story

Sunday, January 22, 2006 (Chennai):

Days before crucial test of majority in the Karnataka Assembly, the BJP is doing its best to insulate its MLAs from being poached by keeping them on the move.

Nearly 70 MLAs were first moved to Chennai, from where they were taken to Kodaikanal.

The MLAs are now expected to visit Madurai and another location, before returning to Bangalore for the trust vote on January 27.

The BJP says it doesn't want a repeat of the Jharkhand episode, and the near-house arrest of legislators is inevitable.

On their part, the MLAs sounded rather upbeat and confident of being able to form the government in the state.

The BJP and the Janata dal (Secular) have a combined strength of 128 MLAs, well above the half way mark of 112 required to form a government.

If the BJP now comes to power in Karnataka, this will be its first reign in any of the southern states.

Sonia to hold crisis talks with Gowda

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sam Daniel

Watch story

Monday, January 23, 2006 (Chennai):

Congress party leader Sonia Gandhi will meet HD Deva Gowda of Janata Dal – Secular on Wednesday to resolve the political crisis in Karnataka state.

Last week JD(S) broke off from the coalition government and allied with the opposition BJP to form a new government.

Chief Minister Dharam Singh who lost legislative majority in the wake of the split and the new opposition are required to prove their strength on January 27.

The BJP and the JD(S) have a combined strength of 128 MLAs, well above the halfway mark of 112 to form a government.

The JD(S) has moved its legislators to Goa and the BJP has taken its MLAs to Tamil Nadu until the vote.

"We really enjoyed very much. Over the two days we have learnt little Tamil as well," said Sunil Vallapuri, BJP MLA, Karnataka.

"We are doing a lot of work at our constituencies. It's only like a holiday," said B Sreeramulu, BJP MLA, Karnataka.

Holiday spirit

The mood among the MLAs is quite upbeat that they will form the government in Karnataka.

The strategy is clear - keep the MLAs on the move in Tamil Nadu to prevent them from being poached and take them to the assembly just when required.

House arrest

But the BJP says it doesn't want a repeat of the Jharkhand episode and that this house arrest of sorts of legislators is just inevitable.

While the stakes are high for the BJP in its attempt to capture power for the first time in any of the southern states, the sight seeing could continue.

Their next stops could be the Meenakshi temple in Madurai and the Ram temple in Rameswaram.

The best part of all of this is that Deve Gowda, (the much vaunted kingmaker of karnataka), is being screwed over by his own son because Daddy wanted his elder bro to be Chief Minister:lol:..so Sonny goes over the other side and gets to be CM in a couple of days:rotfl:

That's not all..everybody with half a brain in Bangalore has seen through this little charade and knows that Deve Gowda has decided to kill off the Congress Government, but he can't go around supporting the party he calls 'rabidly communal dogs' on an hourly basis, the BJP. So he sends sonny boy with all the State elected reps to 'defect' to the other side....

If you are slightly lost in all of this...don't worry, you are not supposed to understand..just look bemusedly and be happy that we are not Pakistan;)

I've been reading about this in the paper. It's a smart thing to do for Kumarswammy to take them with him so that way he can prevent the horse trading thats bound to happen in Indian politics. He has majority now no? Deva Gowda has till the 27th to prove he has majority which he does'nt meaning his son will become CM or something.....
Unless of course he resigns and the assembly is dissolved. Indian politics are hilarious and remarkably confusing. I MUST become a politician, easy way to make some money and have a good laugh while doing it.

That said I could'nt care less what the politicans are doing. At least they saw some decent roads in Madras and compared them to the roads in Bangalore and decided Bangalore's infastructure sucked. That in itself is an accomplishment.

I'll be happy when they lift the ban on dancing and the 11:30 curfew.

silver 2039 said:
I'll be happy when they lift the ban on dancing and the 11:30 curfew.

Of course, the BJP has the most liberal outlook among ALL Indian political parties:rolleyes:

No...I don't expect much to change...although it promises to be downright hilarious..;)

THe serious lack of good funny movies these days means that politics has to fill up the void of great humour in our lives...some of the stuff that actually happens is downright hilarious and is so crazy it HAS to be true..:lol:

Alas for those who get their kicks out of watching political buffoons making collective assess of themselves, Natwar Singh and Laloo Prasad got kicked out and have retreated into the background... The former made Comical Ali look positively truthful and mild mannered;)

Top Bottom