Democracy, War, Fundementalism, Science, and Communism, and outsmarting the AI

CELTICEMPIRE

Zulu Conqueror
This is a thread devoted to Government (if that's not obvious)

In some situations one government is best, in others it is a completely diferent government, and in many situations, the poor AI chooses a completely wrong Gov. type that looks useful on the surface, but really hampers their development.

Democracy, Fundementalism, and Communism are the 3 governments with weaknesses, but this article will show that sometimes these weaknesses are not a problem.

Let us start with Democracy, you may think that Democracy's only use is for peaceful Civs going for a Science or Economic Victory, in many cases this is true, but let us take a Scenario such as Eternal Kombat or Apocalypse, you are already at War with everyone, in a combat based scenario, many players (especially the AI) will chose fundementalism, but actually the choice for you is Democracy! An always war scenario cancels Democracy's weakness. Other civs, not being able to use libraries or universities can not catch up with A Civilization with A scientific Bonus, you may suffer early on, but you will be beyond the other Civs later after you have your libraries, and they relly on trade.

Fundemntalism is our next topic, I find this government to not suit my strategies, but it is sometimes useful. After all (or most) the techs have been discovered, do you really need Science, on a scenario where you are in this situation is called Beta Centari, Science is useless in this Scenario, focus you cities on gold not science. I often find myself being agressive in this scenario, you'll want that +1 attack, and with no penalties, science is worthless if you have every tech. In a normal game you will not usually want this government, unless you can get it very early, as the Aztecs, they are militaristic by nature, and they can get science from temples. But later in the game the player will have to find another gov. type to keep up in science.

Communism is always useful, it is one of the governments that doesn't have a "wrong place" temples and Cathedrals aren't extremely useful anyway. It does well in an always war senario, it is very useful to early civs with low production. A great way to use this government is as the Mongols, take this along with there extra mountain production, Communism can work wonders for you. Communism is also good for (irony of Ironies) America, with their extra factory production.

This could be useful for a strategy
-early times-Fundementalism
-During peace-Democracy
-Expansionist-Republic
-Military superpower-Communism

hope you enjoy the tips:)

Democracy: Yep, if you are always at war under scenario conditions, then Demo has no downside.

Fundy: So you researched the whole tech tree, but have not won the game? You need to stop playing with your food.

Commy: The only real use for commy is when you are producing a victory wonder or spaceship. If you are interested in conquest, you really should be done before communism even becomes available.

Also, if you are going for any type of peaceful win, culture buildings have a very special use: If you make peace, the other civs are not allowed onto any space within your cultural boundaries. So it helps to have some culture to keep the people you are not actively fighting from wandering around in your territory, blocking your roads, capturing GPs, settler or spies which you are shuttling around.

I often find myself being agressive in this scenario, you'll want that +1 attack, and with no penalties, science is worthless if you have every tech.

Future tech can be useful you get extra trade production etc from squares

Top Bottom