Demographics.....

Ur_Vile_Wedge

Prince
This question was actually inspired by the availability of Mithril in the Arquebes thread.

Now, before you all jump on me, I *know* there was never an "official" D&D campaign that formed the basis of Erebus. I know that it's a composite of several different campaigns, most of which were probably quite different.

Even so, what was the general "tone" when it came to demographics? Are there more cities of 5,000 or 50,000? How available is Mithril? Which nation have the highest populations? Economic outputs? Who trades what goods and with whom? That sort of thing.

Any information would be greatly appreciated :)

I never put together any demographic information. A D&D game is on the micro-level, more like a story. Anything that hit on this sort of information would have been hap-hazard (im sure there were a few trade caravans and their contents) but it wasnt ever something I sat down and gave any real though to. I guess I just wasnt as interested in the economic aspects of the worldscope as I was in the mythology and historical.

I did have some trade goods certain countries were known for, elven wine, dwarven ale, but those all tended to be pretty standard rpg type stuff. Nothing I spent much time on. Though it would be interesting to sit down and think about.

From the mod itself we can assume that the worlds most valuable pearls come from the Lanun. That the best tailors and jewelers are from the Kuriotates, who also host the worlds largest cities. And that the Khazad are talented smiths and merchants.

Top Bottom