Denmark wasn't prepared?

Callonia

Deity
I'm pretty sure that Denmark is one of warmongering civs.

We used to be friends but he went order and I went autocracy. Then I started to think about beating him up but I decided to screw around and take various cities to gain more city state allies. And expand by founding new cities. For purposes of leveraging gunboat diplomacy to great effect.

And then I entered atomic age with this redpack which is graphic unit changes. And I noticed how weird my tigers looked like after I was done upgrading them from great war landships.

I looked closer and noticed they are King Tigers. I was like, oh , no way. And dow'd on denmark immediately just to try out my shiny new king tigers in action.

This is the route my huge King tigers took.

Going right through the two allied city state's territories.

Spoiler :

Despite denmark hating on me for 100+ turns, my king tigers in an unprepared war didn't encounter real resistance until I capped a port city + and about to cap 2nd city and beginning to surround his capital and only then I did start to run into the bulk of his force.

Spoiler :

Denmark was totally caught with his pants down. Shouldn't he have kept some garrison on the borders with my city states? That way, he would've managed to slow me down some as his main force arrived.

But all he had was two paratroopers and two cavalry.
Plus three destroyers and two ironclads protecting aarhus.
Spoiler :

Common sense dictates that it is good to keep a army in the direction of the hostile neighbor in the world so that you will be able to resist them quickly. And it also means your infantry will be able to gain benefits of infantry fortifications.

But instead. Denmark didn't think I would come around and stab him frontally. And he got blown open as the result. Lost two cities plus a citadel. Plus about 10+ land units as well as they tried to put up some kind of resistance.

It would've had been a pain if he fortified behind the river of Kaupang. And then put a citadel between Kaupang + Aarhus. And finally another one in front of Aarhus plus possibly one more on that one hex island in front of aarhus.

I probably would've won anyways due to me having one era advantage over denmark but he could've made it alot more harder. Idk.

You lost me as soon as you used the term "common sense" in the same sentence as Civ5 military AI. As much as I love Civ5, the military AI is just downright abysmal. Don't be surprised when they pull tricks like this ...

Two quick questions: What is the map you're using? Also what social policies/techniques to get to 400 GPT? Since its T400s I assume you are playing EPIC?

With regards to Denmark - was it involved in another war? I notice thats easy to do - catch the AI off guard when its engaged in another war and take a city and then get peace. I did it to a capital once and to Songhai!

Two quick questions: What is the map you're using? Also what social policies/techniques to get to 400 GPT? Since its T400s I assume you are playing EPIC?

With regards to Denmark - was it involved in another war? I notice thats easy to do - catch the AI off guard when its engaged in another war and take a city and then get peace. I did it to a capital once and to Songhai!

Information on the map can be found in my sig.

Social Policies/ techniques.. I took up Tradition, Honor, Commerce, Explorer and have finisher in all those four. And I have enough policies in Autocracy to get the gunboat diplomacy and I'm still filling it out to get lightning warfare for those speedy generals and tanks.

About the game speed, nah it's on normal speed. I screw around.

And I have eight activate trade routes I think, they all give 20-30gpt.

My religion includes tithe, which gives 1gpt for each 4 followers and I"m somewhat activate in spreading it because I use inihiterat preachers which allow my religion to spread 30% further away and that allows me to have wider spread on the map without relying on that terrible city every 4 hexs system used by the AI which in turn bypasses the happiness system limitations on huge map somewhat.

The gpt would be higher if I wasn't building airports on all my islands.

That's a good point about denmark I haven't even checked to see if he was at war or not. I never can find out now because I wiped him out.

Top Bottom