Department of Stupid Decisions

Daghie was nice enough to help everyone on how to play a save. Thanks Dagh. :thumbsup:

PBEM tutorial

Look's like there is a lot going on in our relations with the other team. Could someone post a small update so I can catch up a bit.

Today

MIA (Greeks) --They are our solid partners for now. They are on our continent and are researching map making and lit while we're running at republic on min. All techs are being exchanged between us at this point.

TNT (Persians) --The villains. We've made two attempts with no return calls. They started a war with Doughnuts on turn 39 and will be there will likely be first blood by turn 58-60 range. TNT is ancient from a tech standpoint. I think they are 7ish techs behind and must be cash rushing units. They are talking to MIA and MIA is considering a trade for maths with TNT in exchange for CB, WC and wheel. This may or may not be a good deal but it at least gets another tech done in the AA we can get.

Doughnuts (Iroquois)-- They've been building cash for the upcoming onslaught. They just finished HBR and will be doing a 6-8 MW upgrade with some swords staying at home. They've located 4 immortals within 4 turns of their cities. We've had no trouble talking with Doughnut but according to MIA, Doughnut has been rude to them. The best tech deal hinges on MIA dealing with Doughnut rather than us. The preference would be to not trade republic to Doughnut. We'd prefer MIA trades map making and lit for some of Doughnuts research. We would get that research but things have not gone well between the two teams as there is bad blood on the negotiating front.

So to sum it up.
The Future
TNT is likely our first attack with boats. Doughnut expects a long drawn out war with them so they should be gassed. Timing of a conflict with MIA is up for grabs. They're easily 20 tiles away by land. MIA may want to hit Doughnut while we hit TNT. This part of the strategy has not been well developed yet.

I would just watch out for MIA. Any PM's should NEVER mention we are considering a TNT attack. That would open up a possible invasion from them while we are away.

barbslinger said:
I would just watch out for MIA. Any PM's should NEVER mention we are considering a TNT attack. That would open up a possible invasion from them while we are away.
The overseas mission will be MIA and us together. I have also talked with fe and EmpN about an insurance system where we have observers watching each others loading of galleys. They were very reluctant on this point which surprised me a bit. They said they had shown their peaceful intentions by not walking into our undefended core cities with that warrior and therefore should be trusted. I proposed we might land mixed forces GS's/Hoppies and thus sail together. That suggestion was better recived and should take care of the uncertainty. In any case I garee w Slinger on this one. We should never drain our homeland on troops if we're not 100% sure MIA does the same.

I wouldn't drain our homeland regardless of what MIA does.

Also, in a chat with fe & Whomp last night I snuffed out the concept of a line on our continent. fe was under the impression that there was only one spice and one dye. That boy needs to open the save every now and then. That kind of tells us what kind of communication that they have.

They convo ended with fe saying that we can settle as much of the land as we can. (he might have been talking about the other continent but I wasn't)

That kind of tells us what kind of communication that they have.
I wonder if they post screenies in their forum. Most of our members come from an SG background where shots are posted for each other and for the lurkers. Maybe they don't think to do that and, since their individual elected positions may not require seeing the activity, they just don't know what's going on. Very odd. :mischief:

Ok, so we now have 22 or 23 workers. It would be time, in a turn or 2, to re-open the settler pumps and to start building GS's on a larger scale. IIRC we had talked about roughly 25 workers, then go back to settlers and military, perhaps with a wonder here or there. Regardless of diplomatic tractations, it sounds like a plan to me.

For having played the save, IMIO we're ready to shift; just let the current worker builds finish up and open the settler valves. I'll try and draw a dotmap and see how discussions go from there.

BEF, Workers in Dunderhead does sound pointless unless we can add them into a city. But the happyness issue is a concern.

So my suggestion is to start a barracks or just get some regular GS out of there

No spamming in this thread please. This is for serious military planning. There's another thread available for general military discussions. This one is very specific.

Sir Bugsy's Top Secret War room

War Department request - two horsemen. These can come out of a barracks-less city. These two units will be used for scouts.

Request all cities with a barracks produce GS.

Request roads through the jungle continue southward.

Request all GS be sent south immediately. Preposition rally points will be provided ASAP.

City planning updated (16/12, T75), as well as minor checkups on the majority of my posts on page one.

Please move all available military units to EWR.

Please move all naval units to the MIA coast for intel gathering.

Similar pm was sent to the admins for clarification.

Lil' me said:
Here's what I have forwarded to the admins for clarification. #6 is the big issue here. For instance, if poly is not included all with the other techs then it can be construed as an act of war and sabre rattling can commence
IM(and Tubby's)O. I have also requested clarification on #7 as Tubby has suggested. As any good SGer would play it if we are out of line then we should abide by all agreements in an honorable fashion.
Tubby Rower said:
Here's the transcript from the pic's that are the actual agreement. I copied them word-for-word. IMO, if they break #6 by not giving us everything then they break the treaty. No admins needed.

But what we do need clarification on is the bit about what #7 means. It's in writing and intent is not an issue. We need an interpretation of the actual wording by an independent party.

1. VOID

2. MIA and KISS land units stay outside of each other's actual borders, during peace.

3. MIA and KISS sea units don't stay on the same tile in each other's territory for 2 consecutive turns, during the peace

4. MIA and KISS will offer each other "Most Favoured Nation status". Most Favoured Nation simply means that we will offer what we learn at the monoploy beaker cost less the Emperor trade rate discount of 20% if, and only if, MIA will reciprocate. Other nations will pay monopoly beaker cost. No shared research, no sweet heart deals, just cold number crunching.

4a. Deals with other nations which go beyond simple technology trade at the monopoly beaker cost for, must be agreed to by the other party

5. KISS will get Writing while MIA gets Masonry and Mysticism. As soon as KISS gets Writing, the team with the best research capability starts on Code of Laws, while the other team starts on Philosophy. Code of Laws will be discovered first and given to the other party before Philosophy is discovered, so that Republic comes as a free tech.

6. Techs are shared between both teams when Writing and Republic are discovered. We believe this balances out under "Most Favoured Nation" status.

7. MIA and KISS are at peace. Since both of us can't really know what new developments will be in the future, our peace deal is basically unlimited, and can only be terminated at least ten turns beforehand. This shall not be done, before at least 10 turns have passed after the discovery of Republic.

8. On first contact with an unknown team, either KISS or MIA will share, automatically when their game save is sent, this fact with their continental neighbor in written form.

And the admins responses....

There you have it. :D

The current state of affairs regarding our relation with MIA:
We will have republic in 2 turns and on the same turn we get it, MIA should send all (or half) of their techs. We then send rep. and next turn we recieve the remaining techs. We expect them to refuse sending Poly. That was made clear by fe a couple of turns ago. We should not ask them for Poly, but silently consider their refusal to send it as a hostile breaking of our agreement and we have admins to back us up that it actually is. The point in all this is to get us out of the peace treaty with the 10-turn notice and therefore be able to attack MIA by surprise.
When in contact with MIA we pretend Fat, Dumb and Happy and a bit lazy since we want no new agreement to be worked out.
We are a bit short of troops but strong vs. MIA and a majority of military experts advocate attacking soon. It looks like we will switch to rep (1 turn revolt), send all available units to EWR, await MIA to revolt and have a few turns of anarchy and then hit with what we've got.
Until we actually attack we should keep very quiet about our plans and not inform Nuts/TNT about anything of it. When the war has started we can (maybe) start looking overseas for a new allied.

I thought it was important to summarize some of the recent events for the team. I've included the pictures I felt were pertitent as of turn 118.

Turn 118 reported by Scout
Turn 118...another empty city spotted
Robi D's intel report on TNT
Robi pm to Tubby
MIA's view of the situtation
Peter Grimes' pm to Scout
Tubby's pictures of TNT pre turn 118
A view from above turn 117
My pictures of TNT from turn 105
A view from above turn 105. Interesting comparision to Tubby's turn117

Bugsy's building the MIA front picture.
Development considerations for MIA front by turn 156

Thanks Whomp! (Spamming to subscribe...)

Top Bottom