Derf's Ashes Modules

Thank you for reply black_imperator! Sorry, I wasn't aware of svn version incompatibility :(. I was trying to add: Jotnar (overhauled), Khazad (Dwarves), Myu Collective, Maogata, Advanced Workers, Saila the Everchanging, Keepers, More Arcane, Werepyres and Master of Mana (giant kin fix and lizard fix if those haven't been fixed in SVN as well). Scion Healthcare would be amazing if possible. If you need help at any point with tedious tasks editing xml or anything let me know and I'd be more than glad to help. I'm not proficient at all with xml or code, however I am willing to help and learn (I've looked at the basics of xml but have not tried my hand). I've done modeling with programs such as Blender before. I was also gonna try helping another mod (Caveman2Cosmos) as I've got time and this modmod is just as grand to me. I only take care of my elderly grandmother as of now and the house and acre property. Only problem is less time in spring and summer as I take care of 4 gardens one of which is 50ft x 100ft but still 2-3 hours on most days and more on others as long as other obligations don't interfere. I've already edited max map size to 4x Huge and these would come in handy lol. I've lurked on here since....2010 or earlier?... Far too long and would love to contribute if at all possible. If not, you do amazing work, especially in keeping this wonderful mod alive! :)

As mentioned in pms, help is always welcome, whether for xml or everything else really. Not gonna say too much more here as this thread should be focused on its normal topic ^^.

Salia and Keepers were already updated and are available in the svn download. Jotnar is also available though probably in a different version. The rest of them need some xml work to be compatible, will try to do a couple of them for next commit.

Well, guess who's back off another hiatus and found his way back into playing Ashes of Erebus again? I don't know, I've got newer Civ games to play, and somehow I've gone back to Civ4 and this dear old modmod.
Actually I've been back at it for a little while seeing the differences since the last time I played AoE, but this time I'm actually saying something.
Once I've finished sending the world to hell (again), I'm going to load up these old modules of mine and see if any updates need doing to make them work on the not-SVN version. I'm expecting the Frozen and Jotnar ones to need work, although I don't seem to recall if we ever got Frozen to work (or if AoE fixed them themselves) and I don't even remember what I was doing with Jotnar, which may be the same case.
If you know of any tweaks/updates/fixes/etc that I need to do, let me know and I'll get right on it. Eventually. After playing just one more turn...

Ah, discord, what did we do for communities before you?
It's good though, because thanks to the steam overlay I can access the web version in-game and keep up with things while playing. And testing, but mostly playing.

I remember using IRC for just about everything originally, but it sort of died down a bit. I'm sure it's all still there, just not very many people seem to use it anymore.

Much to my surprise, excepting Jotnar and Frozen which needed work before anyway, all of my modules work perfectly out of the box on the AoE 14.11. Scion Healthcare has a known issue when loaded in that only module-added civs have their banner art shown in the pedia, but that was a known issue before as well. Noggormotha also has a minor art issue causing pink blobs, which will also be fixed before work on the svn versions.
I've changed the download links on the main page to a new Google Drive folder that will make it easier to organise 14.11 and svn versions of modules, as well as a readme file for the svn version that will keep track of my work on them and known issues.
Work on svn-version of modules will be ongoing as and when I get time.

Last edited:
Several modules are now available for the svn development version of Ashes of Erebus, as well as two (technically) new modules which you'll find the details of on the first post.
New: Research Grants, Reformed Liches (Note that these modules do not function, update work is in progress)
Updates: Advanced Workers, Fortifications, Master of Mana Buildings, Werepyres, Lizard Art Fix

Edit: All modules, with the exception of Giantkinfix, Jotnar and Frozen, are now updated.

Last edited:
great news :D
and thanks.

I noticed that the Maogata and Myu Collective aren't among the modules in the latest SVN Revision, so wondering what the plan is for either or both of those. Just curious. Thanks.

They aren't likely to be, either. At the moment they're suffering from first-turn python-related bugs that are beyond my ability to fix. Python has never been my strong suit.
They are available in my google drive via the first post link, but they're not playable in the state they're in.

it's mostly that they weren't ready at the moment i commited the modules.

They aren't likely to be, either. At the moment they're suffering from first-turn python-related bugs that are beyond my ability to fix. Python has never been my strong suit.
They are available in my google drive via the first post link, but they're not playable in the state they're in.

Thanks for the replies, guys, was just curious, that's all.

Khazad, the Next Generation (aka Dwarves) updated to 1.2:
-Removed Dwarven Druid overwrite due to feedback

What particular bugs are they? Like, what happens?

Top Bottom