Desert Combat Pack

Thanks ares,thats great,no rush....Happy you accepted the job. I have had an Idea for a semi-urban modern combat scenario kicking around in my head with some new game concepts that I feel I must give it a go, even though some people have said they dont think it would work....some times I just have a hard time converting the ideas in my head into text that other people can fully undestand...:p

There are desert versions of Balou's Modern infantry. Look around in the thread.

Thanks goldflash your right there was a kahki colored one twords the end of the thread....In that case I'll change my request to the LVTP7(amtrac) by bebro.Was that one on your list Ares?

Thanks Ares, The link to that unit in the library seems to be dead but the unit is included in TBXR mod...;)

can you redo the main turret attack animation? it is a chain gun, it needs more rapid fire, trust me, I was in a Bradley this morning.

Roman Legion said:
can you redo the main turret attack animation? it is a chain gun, it needs more rapid fire, trust me, I was in a Bradley this morning.

The Bradley has a 25mm chain gun. the LVTP7's that I have been in Had either an M2 50cal. or a MK-19 automatic 40mm grenade launcher. The Bradley is more of a support weapon platform which transports only 7 soldiers while the LVTP7 is more of a landing craft designed to protect marines from small arms fire while transporting them(lvtp7 holds 25 marines) to the FEBA (forward edge of the battle area) for deployment.

giving the LVTP7 (amtrack) more fire power probably wouldn't be realistic IMO. ;)

but, what about more rapid fire power on the bradley? and Storm Grunt, your off by one man, it carries 8 infantry, a driver, two people in the turret.

Roman Legion said:
but, what about more rapid fire power on the bradley?

Sorry. Maybe someday someone will make a new one.

Edit: Dang, ok. I'll do it. But you will have to wait some time. Ok?

FYI: I made new pedia pictures for the Desert HMMWV (included in the pack).

If you want to replace those of the green version as well, download the pics below.

Download

Oops, the unit32.pcx was missing in the Humvee zip! :blush:

Sorry about that. It has been fixed, the download was updated. :)

Storm was in Desert Storm (hence the screen name 'StormGrunt') so he knows how many men it takes. Guess what?
In a 105 MM Truck propelled Howitzer there are 7 cannoniers, one gunner, one Chief of Section and a driver.

Ekmek said:
are apache and hind in the works?

Not yet. If you need a dark one, you could use my WAH-64 in the other color conversion thread. AFAIK Israel is the only country that uses the AH-64 in desert colors.

Most of the IDF birds are dark, though.

I like the Egyptian variant painted in light grey, so I might do that one.

I've still a long list of units I want to do. :)

Top Bottom