Desktop crashes worse with new video card

applelover

Chieftain
Since I got my new card (Geforce 6200 256mb 64bit) which replaced my old Geforce 64mb card I can't complete my turn, 19 turns from the end on a huge map, without a crash. Is this partly a RAM issue as I only have 768MB, or is my 2.66Ghz cpu not up to it. I have tried many fixes and am in seemingly constant dialogue with the support line and e-mail services. Can anyone help me as since I installed the new card even games on smaller maps are crashing early on. This is particularly annoying when I've been told to turn the autosave option off. I've updated my video drivers, bios and motherboard drivers, turned off background programs, renamed my cache file, defraged, used nvhardpage to lower pixel vertex to 1.4, turned all the graphics down, reinstalled the game, downloaded the patch, turned movies off etc. Will I ever get this game to run smoothly and to the end somone please help.

Was the game running properly when you had your old card in?

applelover said:
Since I got my new card (Geforce 6200 256mb 64bit) which replaced my old Geforce 64mb card I can't complete my turn, 19 turns from the end on a huge map, without a crash. Is this partly a RAM issue as I only have 768MB, or is my 2.66Ghz cpu not up to it. I have tried many fixes and am in seemingly constant dialogue with the support line and e-mail services. Can anyone help me as since I installed the new card even games on smaller maps are crashing early on. This is particularly annoying when I've been told to turn the autosave option off. I've updated my video drivers, bios and motherboard drivers, turned off background programs, renamed my cache file, defraged, used nvhardpage to lower pixel vertex to 1.4, turned all the graphics down, reinstalled the game, downloaded the patch, turned movies off etc. Will I ever get this game to run smoothly and to the end somone please help.

Wow! thats a lot of stuff you did.

Post your dxdiag. use the complete one that u get from the save info button on dxdiag paige.

If you got a more powerful graphics card and the problem got worse my first guess would be a power issue. Either a power supply problem or a problem developing on the mainboard.

Top Bottom