Determining Turn order when at war during Multiplayer game

drewgie

Chieftain
hello civies!

I got a question about how the combat turn order is determined in Civ5.

I have played a few games with friends and it seemed that the person with the higher game score went first with other players turn order determined by their rank on the score board.

However in our most recent game a player declared war on another civ in which he was assuming he would take his turn first when the next round began due to superior game score. It turns out that the invaded player got to take his turn first giving him a slight edge against the aggressor who was hoping to be able move first.

As always thanks for all your advice!

It's based on the order you joined the game. So, a player who joined the game before another player will always get to take his "military" turn first.

Just the clarify, the order from top to bottom in the lobby determines the order of who get their 'military' turn first?

Does this order apply to anything else? Like ties breakers for building wonders?

Yes, the order of players in the lobby determines who gets to move first when warring. I believe it does also apply for determining who gets a wonder, but I'm not 100% sure.

Top Bottom