• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Development Thread

Cam is correct. No additions of code, just fixes.

NN - The Icon file you sent isn't valid because it has to contain other resolutions, which aren't include in it currently. Do you think you can add them? I think I can get it to work, but it may not show properly on all screens.

The point of a code freeze is to stop new development and go into bug fixing mode. Thus, the WE width fix should go in. I'm hesitant about making the location names translatable as that's a bit more code, even though I'm 100% sure I could do it safely (that's when you screw up). Instead, I could revert it to sort by Combat Type instead of Location. This uses the built-in Civ translated names for "Archery Units" and such. That's a one-line fix, literally.

The point of a code freeze is to stop new development and go into bug fixing mode. Thus, the WE width fix should go in. I'm hesitant about making the location names translatable as that's a bit more code, even though I'm 100% sure I could do it safely (that's when you screw up). Instead, I could revert it to sort by Combat Type instead of Location. This uses the built-in Civ translated names for "Archery Units" and such. That's a one-line fix, literally.

I think little changes to code, if mant to fix problems, can be not only allowed but welcomed. After all, we are making our rules, so we can be more on the side of usefulness than on the side of strictness.

The new release is up for testing here.

Developers: Even if you don't use the .exe normally, I'm still requesting you to download and test to make sure that it works on different system. Thank you!

NN,
The problem I'm having with the icons is for it to be a valid icon file it must contain the follow resolutions:
48x48 - 256 colors
32x32 - 256 colors
32x32 - 16 colors
16x16 - 256 colors
16x16 - 16 colors

Basically to make icons for the BAT and BUG install I'd need 10 .bmp, 5 of the BUG and 5 of the BAT at those resolutions. I can merge them into one icon file with a program called "@icon sushi", but will need the base .bmp's to work with.

Edit: I guess I can try to do this myself, if you can give me a bat to work with.

Where is the new whip bar?

It's not actually a new bar. The information is displayed in the Production Bar of the City Screen (see the screenshot in the New Features thread). It is only displayed if you can whip/buy the item being built.

And I just committed the code about an hour or so ago. I had to add the option to the screen and the XML. It should be visible as long as you're running Slavery or Universal Suffrage and are nearing completion of a build.

It's not actually a new bar. The information is displayed in the Production Bar of the City Screen (see the screenshot in the New Features thread). It is only displayed if you can whip/buy the item being built.

I saw it, but I misunderstood it, I thought it was a new bar... :blush:

And I just committed the code about an hour or so ago. I had to add the option to the screen and the XML.

I know, I have already translated it :) But now I have to change the translation a bit, due to my initial misunderstanding.

It should be visible as long as you're running Slavery or Universal Suffrage and are nearing completion of a build.

It's there :) Great idea :goodjob:

nearing completion? It doesn't show from the start of the build?

It only shows as long as you can whip or buy the item. If the pop cost is too high, it doesn't show it. The key information is the overflow. Everything else is visible by hovering over the whip/buy button.

From the Bug Reporting thread...

which is the use of the trait text files in extrastuff folder? That text is not already included in Sevopedia now? :confused:

Those are the source files for the trait strategy civilopedia entries. I used them (converted from PDF) to create the XML blobs in BUG. You may find them easier to translate than the XML single-line blobs. You'd need to download the shareware app Advanced Find and Replace. I included the config file that does all the munging in that same directory.

Basically, you'd duplicate Charismatic.txt to Charismatic_ITA.txt. Then translate it. Where you see things like this

Code:
-t- MASONRY: Masonry

You should translate only the mixed-case name, "Masonry". The one in all-caps is used to create pedia links and must be in English.

Once you've done the translation, copy that file to Charismatic_ITA_xml.txt. Yes, I should have added _EN to my files, so sue me. :) The reason for this latter step is because AFnR overwrites the file that it is munging.

Open the config I have there and add the name of the _xml.txt files for you language. It's okay to keep the other ones as it has no effect on an already-processed file.

Finally, press "Execute", open the munged file, copy everything (should be a single line now), and paste into the correct position in the XML.

TADA! :goodjob:

I attached the xyz_CIV4GameText.xml's with the imho correct "ISO-8859-1"-encoding for german language (using &#xxx; with xxx from ISO-8859-1 coding table).

Attachments

• Pedia.zip
    351.2 KB · Views: 55
I attached the xyz_CIV4GameText.xml's with the imho correct "ISO-8859-1"-encoding for german language (using &#xxx; with xxx from ISO-8859-1 coding table).

Thanks, but this is not necessary. The umlauts and the ß are part of ISO-8859-1 and don't need to be converted into "&#xxx;" codes.

Something totally different: Is somebody working on the formatting of the strategy texts? Currently, it doesn't look very nice, but I could do something about it, if I have a little bit of time. :)

Go for it Doc. The Strategy Guides were formatted only to make them readable, and not so much for looks. Good luck, it's a huge file.;)

Hi!

I've made a little addition to the domestic advisor. I added three new columns to show how many experience points a land/sea/air unit will get in each city.
Well, there's a little glitch if a city gives experience points just to units of one UnitCombat like the spanish citadel, the stable or the totem, these points are not regarded.

Matze

Attachments

• CvCustomizableDomesticAdvisor.zip
    23 KB · Views: 52
I've made a little addition to the domestic advisor.

Thanks. I'm currently :wallbash: with the pedia index. Converting it to Sevopedia -- not a problem. Getting it to behave visually -- PITA. I've got a few things to commit hanging out, so I'll hit this up once I clear my queue. :)

Thanks. I'm currently :wallbash: with the pedia index. Converting it to Sevopedia -- not a problem. Getting it to behave visually -- PITA. I've got a few things to commit hanging out, so I'll hit this up once I clear my queue. :)

What about the interesting improvements of MA you were working on? Decreased priority? :cry: :lol:

I just looked at the scoreboard tab at the BUG options screen. Wouldn't it make more sense if the third column would be the first and the other two cloumns move to right?
That's because the third column holds the option to disable the advanced layout which somewhat makes it the master switch at this tab. :dunno:

Top Bottom