Dg 6 Need To Do List

Provolution

Sage of Quatronia
DG 6 Need to do list (Proposed Sticky)

I suggest we keep a tracker for all the tasks needed to get this done.
Preferrably in a logical sequence, and then update it as we get closer to a conclusion in each sector. If we can agree on the gameworld asap, that will tremendeously help writing the laws and the constitution.

10 initial points

Gameworld parameters, start date (YNCS will post discussion thread 7. Feb)
Polling Standards 101 (EKlektikos, Cyc and DS gave contributions, should be revised and thread sticky, and then added to the Constitution)

Constitution (DG3 or DG5 as base, being revised as we speak)
Code of Laws (Use old ones, but no haste)
New Government Structure (Immediate need, suggest 4 options and poll these)
Naming Conventions (Provinces, Cities, Units, Nation) to be added Const. should be discussed and polled
Election and Debate Rules (Needs heavy work)

RPG - Private Law for Economy and Military (Civanator)
Code for Freedom of Speech, reinforcement of forum rules debate standards
Government threads, Citizen threads, differentiating freedom of speech and moderation, how to avoid ministries being threadjacked. (Need to protect Government threads from literal litter)

I agree with this, but I would put Naming Conventions after New Government Structure. The Constitution, Code of Laws, and Government Structure seem to go well together. Other than that, let's use this. Maybe we can accomplish the discussion in 2-ish weeks and poll for a week...let's see how it goes.

Done. Hopefully the DG aristocrats can dig up the fabled Polling 101, revise it and post it as an official standard for debate.

EDIT: Eclecticos took on the challenge and did an excellent job here. Now at least more people can adapt to the Polling 101 concept, me included.
This was a good lesson on how to make proper polls.

Maybe some people see more the need for filling in the blanks than procrastinating or bashing opponents. Well, if we work on solving these areas methodologically, all will be well.

Provolution said:
DG 6 Need to do list

Gameworld parameters
  1. World Size
  2. Type (pangeia, continents, etc.)
  3. Age
  4. Climate
  5. Barbarians
  6. Number of AI civs
  7. AI civs random or chosen
  8. Our civ
  • First Characteristic
  • Second Characteristic
  • Type of UU
  • Name

YNCS said:
  1. World Size
  3. Age
  4. Climate
  5. Barbarians
  6. Number of AI civs
  8. Our civ
  • First Characteristic
  • Second Characteristic
  • Type of UU
  • Name
You also forgot the Difficulty Level Poll.

Provolution said:
Maybe some people see more the need for filling in the blanks than procrastinating or bashing opponents. Well, if we work on solving these areas methodologically, all will be well.

Procrastinating is what I do best. :D

Constructive criticism and raw ideas are procrastination now, I guess...

Since nobody seems interested in the specifics for the game, here's my choices:

1. World Size - Large
  2. Type - Continents
  3. Age - 4 billion
  4. Climate - Temperate
  5. Barbarians - Roving
  6. Number of AI civs - 8
  7. AI civs random or chosen - Random
  8. Difficulty (Thanks, CG) - Emperor
Our civ
*First Characteristic - Industrious
*Second Characteristic - Scientific
*Type of UU - Industial Age, land unit
*Name - The Glorious Peoples' Democratic Republic of Something

As you can probably guess from my choices for Our Civ, I'd like us to play the Ottomans. My second choice is the Koreans (Commercial/Scientific), but I'm not that fond of their UU. Also, the name of Our Civ is of little interest to me.

YNCS

I actually tried to poll it but someone tried to shoot these polls down, asking for some spurious discussion. The same people failed to produce a thread discussing the gameworld. You see the culture you are facing. They also refuse to poll a new alternative start date as well.

However YNCS

The poll show an overwhelming majority for rampaging barbs, large world and so on.
Since no one cared to discuss these, I polled them, and that forced the discussion.
But please open a thread YNCS on the gameworld specifics, if I do it, I will just get a swampload of insults from my two-three leprechauns.

Provolution,

It's difficult to start a poll because the Citizen's Registry isn't up. I'll be happy to set up as many polls as needed (I figure at least 11) as soon as the Registry is opened.

The game parameters should be discussed and then polled. What we want is for the announcement to draw people to the game, and start the discussions a little way into the month. Don't make it too early, or people will lose interest in the time period between when game parameters are chosen and the start of elections.

BTW is someone from the immigration offiice scanning these threads and welcoming newcomers?

To all who have entered our generally happy but somewhat confusing official interregnum, welcome! :wavey:

Okay, I'm going to start a thread on game specifics in a week or so. That's unless somebody beats me to it.

Good, now we need some alternative government proposals, in fact we should have four different ones, one revised traditionalist, Daveshacks two tier system, Ravensfire Apex3-Director system and Ashburnhams two tier system. These alternative government proposals should be crafted and discussed in separate threads, then polled against each other.

The constitution require some heavy upgrade, but is quite easy to make finished.

YNCS said:
  1. World Size
  3. Age
  4. Climate
  5. Barbarians
  6. Number of AI civs
  8. Our civ
  • First Characteristic
  • Second Characteristic
  • Type of UU
  • Name

Remember, if we go for C3C...

Spoiler :
and it looks like we will. ;)

...we need to add in other options, like:

World Seed (word or number)
Turn Scientific GLs On/Off

and any other options.

And make sure you double check the options, since scenarios mess them up!

I thought it was established that DG6 would be C3C.

But you're right. We need to look at each and every one of the options, including victory conditions.

This may be a minor matter, but it's something I know we have fallen down on in the last 2 games (don't know about before that) and had to struggle with in the creation day chat as a result:

We remember to name our Civ and name our country and forget about the rest and what goes in what box. I've posted the one for Sumeria purely because it's the first I found that had something different in each box.

YNCS, I suggest to run approval polls on the preliminary game world polls where there is broad support. This will make it easier to poll all the C3C options, which are much more numerous to the so-called Vanilla (just Civ3 in my book).

Provolution said:
YNCS, I suggest to run approval polls on the preliminary game world polls where there is broad support. This will make it easier to poll all the C3C options, which are much more numerous to the so-called Vanilla (just Civ3 in my book).
please have some discussions first...

We are having discussions, and if these prove to have overwhelming support, the will of the people has been heard. However, we should only do so where there is 2/3 majority.

Provolution said:
We are having discussions, and if these prove to have overwhelming support, the will of the people has been heard. However, we should only do so where there is 2/3 majority.

We need to poll regardless of how much approval is shown in discussions. Remember, not all voters participate in discussions.

Top Bottom