Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Diety

Votes: 6 24.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaitan

der Besucher
This is an informational poll for Demogame III (DG3). We will allow the info polls to remain up for several days so we have a basis for discussion of what particulars to use in DG3.

This particular poll is for Difficulty Level. Please select all of the options you are comfortable with.

I strongly suggest we play at no higher than monarch level, as emperor and deity limit the strategies you can use, and stifle suggestions from players not used to playing on those levels. I think monarch is our best bet, as it will offer enough difficulty to make the game interesting, but allow us to 'play around' some as well.

I say we go for the ultimate Civ3 challenge... DEITY!!

Note that our current game was at emperor level. Demogame 1 was at monarch level. I also support Monarch level for the next game as it allows much more participation and addition of "peculiarities" that were stifled in this game.

I have picked out the Rainge that I would play. I voted for Regent, Monarch, and Emperor since this is a Normal Range for me that I am comfortable playing in. IMO, Monarch would have to be the Best fit for all DGs

I would like to see us rise to our ultimate challenge(Deity), but agree that that would stifle participation. I wouldn't go any lower than Monarch though.

I voted for Regent/Monarch. While I usually play at Emperor level and very much enjoyed the challenges of the earlier stages of this game, I think that the "do or die" nature of the two top levels kills off the unique RPGish flavour of the demogame and causes tensions to rise a little higher than is necessarily desirable. ;)

The only reason the Civ2 Demogame II played a deity game was that, atleast in Civ2, the AI forgives you if you have a bad rep. :) Not to mention, there's simple strats you can use to keep the AI out. In Civ3, it's a whole different story. We won't even be ahead in techs until the moden era.

I would agree that playing higher than Monarch restricts your options too much. Playing lower than Monarch is too easy. The AI isn't just stupid, its a patsy.

Though, we could probably use an easy regent game for a change.

That might be fun to do for a change. Maybe even chieftain if we wanted to go hog wild on the RPG. :)

Play on chieftain and I suspect many if not all of the players who enjoy a bit of a challenge would depart post-haste.

Chieftain would be boring beyond description. Kinda like trophy hunting for holsteins.

Yes, I was was chased across a field by one when I was four. One of my earliest memories.

By the time I turned seven, I realized that the "contented" look that dairy cows have was actually abject stupidity. All to be expected from a creature that sleeps and gives birth lying in a puddle of its own waste. From then on, I was able to herd them about without fear or trouble.

There's a lesson there, somewhere, but probably not one applicable to this thread . . .

You're lucky. Some of the cattle destined for the meat-packing plant of my dad's farm can be just plain vicious...

I'd go for regent-monarch. Less brain scratching, and more freeing of slaves and national parks. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom