[NFP] Did my city change name upon reloading ... or is my mind playing tricks on me?

kaspergm

Deity
I'm playing a game as Khmer, and I would swear that the city shown below was called Angkor Wat when I founded it. I know this, because I figured it might give me a chance to go for the Wat's Wat achievement and started building the Angkor Wat in the city. I then closed the game for the night, and when I resumed the game next day, the city is no longer called Angkor Wat.

I don't have a "before" screenshot, so I can't document the original name, but I'm quite convinced I'm right - after all, the thought about the achievement spawned in my mind only when I saw the city name. (Yeah, I know I forgot about the religious building having to be a wat, so I would have failed at it anyway.)

Have anybody else experienced anything similar?

Spoiler :
upload_2021-5-16_10-13-23.png

Nope, never seen this happen to me before

Do you have autosaves? Or have you played on so they've been overwritten? Problem is that was a repeating glitch, it would change the city name when you load them up too, I guess...

How does that achievement work in any case? Can you just rename your capital (as Khmer) to Angkor Wat and that's sufficient?

I do know that the city "names" are stored separately to the declarations of the cities as ... containers, I suppose you would say. For example, the Australian city "Ballarat" is spelled correctly, but the city is still referenced as "Ballaraat" which was the original typo-spelling.

It'd be pretty weird for a city to spontaneously change name as you have described in the original post though. I've never had it happen to me.

How does that achievement work in any case? Can you just rename your capital (as Khmer) to Angkor Wat and that's sufficient?

I do know that the city "names" are stored separately to the declarations of the cities as ... containers, I suppose you would say. For example, the Australian city "Ballarat" is spelled correctly, but the city is still referenced as "Ballaraat" which was the original typo-spelling.

It'd be pretty weird for a city to spontaneously change name as you have described in the original post though. I've never had it happen to me.

No, you can’t just change the name. The achievement is based on the city name’s database entry, not its localized text.

No, you can’t just change the name. The achievement is based on the city name’s database entry, not its localized text.
Ahh, thanks. So it is in a similar vein to New York with the Pizza Party achievement. Collect a bunch of stuff in City X.
Pizza Party!
Activate Leonardo da Vinci in New York with Great Works from Michelangelo and Donatello -- and a sewer -- all in that city.
A reference to the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, comic superheroes who enjoyed pizza in New York City's sewers and were named after the famous Renaissance Italian artists.

Just want to say I like how you and the AI both put an Encampment in a bulge that extends into each other's territory.

I do not use the Rosetta stone mod, but I think some other mod updating between game sessions may have caused this.
Just want to say I like how you and the AI both put an Encampment in a bulge that extends into each other's territory.
Yeah, I tried to finish the holy site in order to activate the culture bomb before he could finish the encampment, but he finished literally the turn before I did. Then I faith-bought the industrial zone, and since I had the GE that gave me culture bombs on industrial zones, I grabbed the land piece and faith bought the encampment there just to spite him. :D

Top Bottom