Did you skip BE but will 100% get CiVI?

Sherlock

Just one more turn...
I'm wondering how many players/customers passed on BE but are absolutely on board for CiVI?

I'm in that group. Never got BE, but CiVI is a guaranteed purchase.

I enjoy BE from time to time. Didn't try the expansion yet, will probably be postponed now.

Unfortunately those kinds of games just seem like killing time until the next civilization game so yes I did not fall for it and skipped it :D.

I got BE, and played 2 games. I hated it... I also got civ4: colonization... and I hated that too.

Both games are basicly mods - making the most use of engines inbetween civ games. I bet we get colonization based on civ6 in 4 years time.

Yeah.

I've been saying this forever but the next time they want to do a 'we want to make some more money' clone they should make a game called 'Ancient Civilizations' that stops around 1000 CE.

Obviously not just chop off the last half of Civ, but put some more detailed gameplay into the ancient history period.

I got BE (haven't got any expansions for it), and while I didn't enjoy it even half as much as civ5, I thought it was a helpful "experiment" for some concepts (e.g. wonders/buildings that take up a tile, or a "barbarian" alien race with a bit more sophistication, or the point system towards an ideology). So I enjoyed playing BE as just that.

I'm wondering how many players/customers passed on BE but are absolutely on board for CiVI?

I'm in that group. Never got BE, but CiVI is a guaranteed purchase.
You can definitely count me in for that group. I didn't like the future theme, but at first I was willing to give it a try anyway. But when two friends of mine told me that BE wasn't worth it, I skipped it. I'm really looking forward to playing civilization 6 though. I'll preorder the digital deluxe edition soon.

Gesendet von meinem LG-H815 mit Tapatalk

Played BE, got RT and I'm ready for CIV 6 day one. While BE might not be the best game ever, I got enough hours in it to be happy with my purchase.

CivBE was probably the first game I didn't buy purely based on looks alone. I usually profess graphics don't really mean anything to me, especially in strategy games... But holy crap that game is just ugly.

Fortunately, it turns out I didn't really miss much at all. If it came back with rave reviews I would have bought it despite the look, just to check it out, but I've heard it's not really all that impressive. As of right now I will definitely be getting civ6. Could that change? possibly. Although I doubt it from what I've seen so far.

I got BE, and played 2 games. I hated it... I also got civ4: colonization... and I hated that too.

Both games are basicly mods - making the most use of engines inbetween civ games. I bet we get colonization based on civ6 in 4 years time.

Neither game is even remotely like a mod.

Not even close.

Did you play the original colonization?

Did you consider the original a mod?

Crazy talk I say.

This is how I feel after purchasing BE.

I bought three copies, probably got close to my moneys worth. Had some great three player games with my daughter and her husband. It paled in comparison to Civ though.

I don't understand the people that say they're worried about Civ VI because of Beyond Earth. Completely different and BE was basically a glorified scenerio. Only bought it because a friend wanted to play it. It was super dull unfortunately

I'm in that group. I was excited about BE at first, but then people said it wasn't that good, and a lot came up in my life at the time it came out, so I missed it.

Super excited about civ VI though.

Dunno about you, but I define a mod like most others - and like this description:
A modification, used in reference to video games. A variation of a game's engine and graphics to create a new game.

Example:
Valve relies heavily on modding, with Counter-strike, Day of Defeat, and Garry's Mod all being mods of Half-life.

I consider them heavily modded versions of Civilization - it's ok that you dont, but it's hardly crazy talk. Good that you had fun...

Got ya.

Europa Universalis 4 and Stellaris are mods for Crusader Kings 2 by your definition.

Does that make sense to you? It's ok if it does, just means you and I have a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT definition of a mod for a game.

I enjoy BE from time to time. Didn't try the expansion yet, will probably be postponed now.

RT really makes the game much better. Still will pale compared to Civ V but a fun jaunt nonetheless. RT felt like they let the concept breathe a bit more and started to let it be its own game. Would be happy to see a BE:2 because of it.

Top Bottom