Difference between "Quick Selection Advance" and "Auto Unit Cycle"

Gary King

Prince
What is the difference in the Options between "Quick Selection Advance" and "Auto Unit Cycle"? Their tooltip descriptions make them sound very similar. I currently have both enabled, but is there any reason to have one enabled but not the other, for instance?

Auto Unit Cycling means that the system will move between your active units. Quick Selection Advance governs the delay between the end of one unit's actions and the change of selection. Quick Selection Advance is a subsetting to Auto Unit Cycle I believe. I've never tried to enable the former without the latter, but I would be surprised if you could. Unfortunately I don't have CiV installed atm so I can't check.

Auto Unit Cycling means that the system will move between your active units. Quick Selection Advance governs the delay between the end of one unit's actions and the change of selection. Quick Selection Advance is a subsetting to Auto Unit Cycle I believe. I've never tried to enable the former without the latter, but I would be surprised if you could. Unfortunately I don't have CiV installed atm so I can't check.

Thanks, Pheylan. In my game settings, the settings are independent.

Top Bottom