Different built time for roads on different terrain

maxf

Chieftain
Is any way to make the subj? I think it would reasonably that roads in tundra/desert/forest/marsh/etc should have more built time than roads on plains.

It is not really based on the type of terrain, but on the structure of it and what is on it. If you were to figure out how to di it, you should base it on structure (plain, hill, mountain, etc.) and what is on it (forest, resource, improvement, special building, etc.). I mean a flat tile of tundra, desert, and plain is really the same. The only difference is the climate and ground material.

I don't think that making road in tundra or desert is the same as in 'usual' terrain. Cause weak ground, outback, bad climate etc. There are not so many roads in such terrains in the world.
However, I want to know if there are any ideas on how to do this?

I don't think that making road in tundra or desert is the same as in 'usual' terrain. Cause weak ground, outback, bad climate etc. There are not so many roads in such terrains in the world.
However, I want to know if there are any ideas on how to do this?

Hi, don't know if anyone is still interested in this.
However, it can be accomplished without Lua/dll. But one will have to Mod 3 different files/worksheets.

1. In [...\Expansion2\....\Units\Civ5Builds] there are 3 Tables. 2 are Pertinent. [<Table name="Builds">] & [<Table name="BuildFeatures">].
In "Builds" there are 2 Columns namely 'Time' and 'Cost'. 'Time' is used for all "Builds", I haven't seen 'Cost' used anywhere.
'Cost' is the cost of construction which is a one time cost and independent of Maintenance, which is an "Improvement" continuous cost.
'Time' is the flat time required for any "Improvement" "Build", irrespective of Terrain or Feature.

2. Then there is the Table "BuildFeatures".
Here you'll find the columns ' Time' and 'Cost' again. 'Time' is used, and 'Cost' is not.
There is a variance from the standard 'Time' and the Feature 'Time'.
By varying the values one can make various "Improvements" need more time to construct.

NB. Of course we could also vary the cost columns as well, which in both Tables Default to 0.

Then if you go to "Terrains", you'll find a Column named "BuildModifier". again I think this Defaults to 0. But by varying this number it can increase/decrease the standard time required to Build something on that particular type of Terrain.

By judiciously balancing entries in these 3 Tables one can Mod Time and Cost for all Improvement Builds.

Finally for Roads, Although defined in "builds", Roads are not defined in "BuildFeatures".
Define them as other 'Improvements' are defined and you have control of both 'Costs' of construction and 'Time ' required to construct.
Happy Modding.

Top Bottom