Different capital hypothesis

Why can't more than one leader use the same capital as long as they're not in the same game? In cases where there is a second leader in the same game, they could just use random city as their capital. I doubt they'd limit their leader choices based on who ruled from different cities.

They can find interesting leaders from different capitals, no need to duct-tape that hard to fit a leader.

They can find interesting leaders from different capitals, no need to duct-tape that hard to fit a leader.
Not always, for some civs it would be difficult./require some extreme historical license (have LBJ capital be Houston)

I have had the same thought and here are some which I have thought of;

General Washington (America) Boston
King Offa (England) Tamworth
Bismark (Germany) Berlin OR
Charles VII (France) Bourges OR Lious XIV (France) Versailles

I think Italy, Greece and Arabia all have a lot of potential for this idea there were many great cities and different capitals.

First city listed for Germany was Berlin, not Aachen.
There is CityNames_Text.xml tab page, and Berlin is 8th there. Maybe, order changes with different builds.

edit: aha, i see what you are talking about. original order is represented by Civilizations.xml.
edit2: reworked.

Last edited:
It seems that CityNames_Text.xml is what gives the names their text value, it's also where the interesting names for Brussels come in:

Code:
        <Row Tag="LOC_CITY_NAME_BRUSSELS_1">
            <Text>Brussels</Text>
        </Row>
        <Row Tag="LOC_CITY_NAME_BRUSSELS_2">
            <Text>Molenbeek-Saint-Jean</Text>
        </Row>
        <Row Tag="LOC_CITY_NAME_BRUSSELS_3">
            <Text>Schaerbeek</Text>
        </Row>
        <Row Tag="LOC_CITY_NAME_BRUSSELS_4">
            <Text>Anderlecht</Text>
        </Row>
        <Row Tag="LOC_CITY_NAME_BRUSSELS_5">
            <Text>Uccle</Text>

Very interesting. Not Groksville_1 in there though.

Lyndon Johnson is not what I would call "interesting leader" though.
Me either, but just an example of a type of "extreme historical license"
or say Lincoln having his capital as the city of Illinois.

By the way, there's a "Capital" line in Civilopedia for Major Civs that may give some hints for what future leaders' capitals can be.

Top Bottom