Difficulty level

DionyKH

Chieftain
So, I started out playing my nooby games with settlers and chieftain, then decided to make the jump and give noble a shot. I do... pretty well, although I do tend to open up a slight lead on the AI at noble. My main concern here is that the military campaigns aren't just me marching a stack in and completely decimating their every defense.

The problem I'm having is.. I mostly got this mod because of the enhanced options for modern + future era wars. I'm just not making it there in any of my games. I've attempted to try advanced starts in the modern or industrial eras, but for some reason, I just get stomped to the ground when I do this. No idea why.

Should I bump up the difficulty a bit? Seems like now, it's game-effin-over as soon as I build King Richard's Crusade. Crusaders just.. decimate all. I've tried stepping up to the next difficulty before, but I just don't seem to perform as well. Instead of destroying all opponents before modern era, I never make it there myself. =\

Eh, for other info, I generally play on Pangaea/Aboria maps(Made with the planet generator map script, 1 continent). I play on marathon or epic speed... Marathon is new for me, but after two games on it, I find myself in love.

Apologies if this is the wrong sort of place to put this, I just thought it would be most appropriate here, since this mod so drastically changes the gameplay.

Edit: Doh! Just realized there's an identical topic name halfway down the forum. Sorry for any confusion.

Ever tried the archeapelago map? Naval Power IS a Must to win! Plus you don't get to Rush every early Civ either as you need Naval techs to explore other landmasses. This gives the AI time to Build and Explore. They won't be as easy a pushover as a pangea world would allow. Or even a continent world for that matter.

Food for thought, and a different view.

JosEPh ;)

Top Bottom