diplomatic victory guffaw

I think the reason he needed to run against Gilgamesh instead of Tokugawa was that Tokugawa was going to vote for him but Gilgamesh isnt. So attacking Tokugawa would probably make it harder for him to win.

Well, I used some bribery to disrupt trade relations and start wars.

I also used to spies to perform civics changes to eliminate those 'we like your choice of civics' bonuses.

If anyone of my allies ever joined gilgamesh in a war against another civ, I quickly got them out so the mutual military struggle didn't build up.

I did everything I could to make sure Gilgamesh got to be second in population (which I unknowingly failed at) as well as increasing my positive relations with allies and doing everything possible to reduce positive relations between my allies and gilgamesh.

So, in all ironies, things couldn't have worked out better at the end of the game. Hannibal had vassalized Pacal while Hatty and Monty were Gilgamesh's vassals. The turn I built the UN, Gilgamesh declares on Pacal, which means he also declares on Hannibal (master). Gilgamesh's vassals (Hatty, Monty) also join the fray. I brbe Bismarck and Toku to go to war with Gilgamesh (and thus Hatty and Monty too). I thought it had sealed the deal until I saw my secretary general vote come up against Toku.

Oh well, global armageddon is just as fun. I just completed the Manhattan Project and will be gifting Uranium and fission to all my allies. If you can't save the world with a diplo victory, might as well watch it burn.

Good stuff. RE: bolded part - this has no negative diplo points for you?

Thanks all for the replies. Really appreciate.

Well, it all came to a close in 1870. I olbiterated Monty in the big world war that erupted, kept six cities, and then gifted them to gilgamesh after the war. My good relations with hannibal, toku, and bismarck were all still sky high and gilgamesh was now a solid second in population. Fortunately, I didn't have to spy bomb toku with unhappiness and unhealthiness. I was a little concerned if too many spies failed, I would've sunk from friendly to pleased with him and possibly lost his votes.

The late game world war of 1828 was really what saved the day. the relations were good enough for the victory and of course gilgamesh needed to be second in population (which I accomplished). However, the war slowed my allies tech down which really sealed the victory. Once allies start creeping up on rocketry, they usually abatain because they see the space victory for themselves. Toku, Hannibal, and Bismarck were all getting close to be able to research artillery, assembly line, combustion, etc so rocketry wasn't too far off.

Thanks again to all for the info, advice, and suggestions.

Top Bottom