Diplomatic Victory: Is there something I'm missing?

InDubioProReo

Warlord
I'm playing an Immortal game on Continents Plus with Byzantium. On my first UN vote, I got 10 but I did not get the victory. Then, there was a 10 turn countdown to the next vote. But at the end of this voting session nothing showed up in my screen with regards to voting, and it skipped to next voting. I am sure I had at least 8 votes besides my own vote. I didn't even get to vote. What happened to the Diplomatic Victory conditions? Is there something I'm missing? It seems to me that I already should have won the game. This is really frustrating because China is trying to invade me and I'm barely holding on, I don't think I can hold on another 10 turns with no guarantee of victory, while Caesar is building spaceship parts.

One other thing to keep in mind...has one of the civilizations already met a victory condition besides science or diplomatic?

I remember trying to get a Science victory in the same game that I had already won a diplomatic victory.

The game wouldn't let me assemble the spaceship parts in my capital. :D

@The Pilgrim:

So, after your Science Victory, in "just one more turn" mode you conquered the remaining AI capitals, satisfying the domination victory condition. With your SV, you would have gotten a victory splash screen, a replay file in your replays folder, and an entry in your personal HOF. When you later satisfied the dom victory conditions, did you get a second victory splash screen, a second replay file, and a second entry in your personal HOF? I didn't think you could, but then I've never tried for a second victory.

@The Pilgrim:

So, after your Science Victory, in "just one more turn" mode you conquered the remaining AI capitals, satisfying the domination victory condition. With your SV, you would have gotten a victory splash screen, a replay file in your replays folder, and an entry in your personal HOF. When you later satisfied the dom victory conditions, did you get a second victory splash screen, a second replay file, and a second entry in your personal HOF? I didn't think you could, but then I've never tried for a second victory.
No, I meant that only SV is not possible after you win through other condition. I've won diplo, got a splash sceen, a replay and all the stuff, and then since I was in the middle of melting the last remaining capital down, I wanted 'just one more turn' (or 5 :lol:) and got a second splash screen and second replay for domination. It was really weird. Vanilla, btw. Maybe it's different now.

Interesting. I'll have to experiment with my next victory, to see if I can get a second victory in "just one more turn" time.

There was no victory screen popup that appeared after the vote. And I had 10 votes in the very first voting, I was sure of that. But it skipped to the next voting, and then the next and nothing happened. I didn't even get a second vote screen.

I think (might be wrong) it only applies to SV. Once I've won domination after winning diplo. :dunno:

One More Turn mode is for Domination wins only... basically you can win the game two times with the OMT feature, unless you've already won Dom in the first go.

It's why I stuck so long on my own lonely island when Nappy launched in T343.;)

There was no victory screen popup that appeared after the vote. And I had 10 votes in the very first voting, I was sure of that. But it skipped to the next voting, and then the next and nothing happened. I didn't even get a second vote screen.
Have you checked victory progress screen as suggested?

One More Turn mode is for Domination wins only... basically you can win the game two times with the OMT feature, unless you've already won Dom in the first go.
So no diplo/science/culture 'win' is possible after one of the players has won already? Only domination? It actually makes a tiny bit of sense. Sometimes the urge to kill is to strong and you have to spit it out. :)

Top Bottom