Direct correlation between CFCing and maturity?

Richard III said:
:eek:

(that was my actual reaction, but I'm apparently expected to lengthen my post to ten characters, so this does the trick. Oh, and...)

:eek:
I thought of you every time I read that thread title...

The Last Conformist said:
Kill him; if it was an insult, then you've punished him, and if it was a compliment, then you've demonstrated that flattery gets one nowhere with you.
Well reasoned...

However, it was neither. Just an observation, I was sure you'd like this one. ;)

When i forst came to CFC i stayed in what i call the "upper half" (this consisted of only the civ forums and maybe the odd AOG post) because i was " scared " of the maturity of the OT and the likes, now ive " adapted " to fit into OT and (as well as maturing in real life) i believe my posts have matured quite a way.

I think you just dont notice the " immature " posters because they hang back and dont post often until they've adpated to become " mature "

IglooDude said:
@Eyrei, any chance we'll ever get to see a names-erased-to-protect-the-guilty version of some of those PMs? :yeah:

Not going to happen. For one, most would get anyone banned instantly if they were posted in public, and I've deleted mine because my PM box keeps getting full. ;)

Drewcifer said:
If this is true there is a perfectly logical explanation explanation for it. When you are younger you tend not to want to be perceived as immature, especially around a group of people who are generally older than you. When you are older you tend to have a lot of responabilities in real life and have to be serious most of the time. Something as unimportant as an internet forum provides a rare opportinity to not be so serious and perhaps to enjoy making a bit of an ass of yourself.

i don't think immature kids care wheter they're percieved as immature to people on an internet message board, if they do, that means they value the input of others, which is a sign of maturity

Ohwell said:
I think there is a direct correlation between CFCing and virginity.

Tell that to some of the folks here who have younglings underfoot... :lol:

Tomoyo said:
I was referring the the fact that people, especially in SF,...
SF? Science Fiction?

Comparing with other forums I think that education is above average here. Maturity is something different.
Civilization is a more intellectual game than Half-Life which I never played. I never visited a Half-Life forum.

I happen to frequent a less mature forum than this, where usually Godwin's law is invoked by the second post, and the mods join in the spamming daily :yeah:

only thing ive noticed is people have a high opinion of themselves and they lie about their IQ

In quite a few years in this place (since late 2000) one has seen both ends of the scale. The general status of the people here is fairly mature; variations occur in barely perceptible dribs and drabs - after the 3E game came out, more arrived in the subsequent years, of all manners of maturity.
A 10 year old can be as mature as a 50 year old, as long as they display common sense, general courtesy and respect and overall decorum.

Except for Lefty. He's just too darn old.

Ah... old folks return to the den. Now if Pothead emerges from a pink puff of smoke all we need is the old dinosaur to bring back the good old days

Top Bottom