Disable Intro Video

WeaselSlapper

Prince
For those of you who are interested in disabling the intro video here are some instructions:

Navigate to My Documents/My Games/Sid Meier's Civilization V/
Look for the file "Usersettings.ini" and open it in a text editor like Notepad
Search for the variable "SkipIntroVideo = 0"
Change the 0 to 1

Enjoy

Thank you. I was having a problem where the intro video would start in a window and I couldn't click past it. (It's a lovely intro, but it's buggy and I don't need to see it every time I play.)

I had solved it myself by renaming the movie-file, but this is a much more elegant solution, thanks. :)

Attachments

• TerribleGandhi.jpg
    TerribleGandhi.jpg
    168.3 KB · Views: 364
Mods, not to toot my own horn, but you might want to sticky this thred

I found this but there's still a delay, with a black screen rather than a video. Not much of an improvement. Is there any way to properly skip this?

I found this but there's still a delay, with a black screen rather than a video. Not much of an improvement. Is there any way to properly skip this?

I agree, a black screen here too for the length of the movie.

I think the intro movies were covering up a loadscreen, so without them it still has to load the game. Only solution is to RAID SSDs :p

I agree, a black screen here too for the length of the movie.

I do get a black screen as well, but the black screen is shorter then the time before I could skip the rest of the video and my processor churns much less. I do wish there was a way to skip it entirely, but I think they did the video in place of a generic loading screen.

I think the intro moves were covering up a loadscreen, so without them it still has to load the game.

On my weak system I think the game loads faster without the processor having to work on the video at the same time.

It would make sense to me that if they put in the option to skip the movie and they needed something to cover the disk transfer and set up time, then a quick still shot would be a lot better than a black screen. That's what they get for not having me on their beta test team. I would have got that one right away!

It would make sense to me that if they put in the option to skip the movie and they needed something to cover the disk transfer and set up time, then a quick still shot would be a lot better than a black screen. That's what they get for not having me on their beta test team. I would have got that one right away!
Yes, even a simple moving icon to show it was doing something would be better than black. I always turn the opening movies off, sitting through the same thing again and again (ie: more than once) gets annoying.

Is there a way to start the game without having the beginning video always run on start up? It seems to take forever to bypass it when it does start up.

I think it's ctrl+enter that skips it. As best I can tell, there's no way to disable it though I hope I'm wrong (I'm looking for that answer too).

Also, all I'm using at this point is the demo and I don't know if that matters or not.
F

go into the folde Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5 and find UserSeting.ini and find SkipIntroVideo = 0 and change 9 to 1

and you have done it

You can do the above, but it doesn't fully go away because it hides a loading screen. They really need to add at least a "LOADING" icon.

Back
Top Bottom