Discovering ancient ruins...

So, i need a little clarification -
if iam playing with Shoshon Pathfinder and have been able to discover 4 ancient ruins, does it mean , that i will get 4 techs (if i want them...) ?

No. There is a "cooling off" period (calculated as number of ruins, not turns) before you will get the same option from ruins as Shoshone. Give it a try. You'll quickly see how it works.

You cannot get two techs in a row on VANILLA, I assume the same applies to BNW.

This. Play as shoshone, grab 2 ruins with your pathfinders, get free tech from first ruin, check second ruin options, there is no free tech option until about 10-20 turns later.

On a side note -
iam considering to play a game on Deity level
I would like to play with Persia, because of their longer GA, but Shoshon Pathfinder will give me better start (with 2 techs) if i discover 4 ruins...Iam wondering how good will be Shoshon extra city limits vs Persian GA...
In other words i wanna ask - will be possibly to build 3 Great Wonders in the beginning on Deity level :) I mean Great Library, Oracle & Hagga Sofia

This. Play as shoshone, grab 2 ruins with your pathfinders, get free tech from first ruin, check second ruin options, there is no free tech option until about 10-20 turns later.

This is not true. It is just based on the number of ruins. If you take tech on the first ruin. Then you can't choose tech again until the fourth ruin. If you found four ruins in four turns, then you could have two techs in four turns.

The only option that has a turn based dependency is faith for a pantheon. Great prophet faith option is dependent on having a pantheon.

Ok, i have tested the issue with Shoshon Pathfinder
on Deity Level :

1st. ruins - got a Tech
2st. ruins - no option for Tech (got Culture)
3st. ruins - nor option for Tech, neither for Culture (got something else)
4st. ruins - got a Tech (no option for Culture)

This is the cruel truth :(
Its impossible to build Great Library on Deity, somebody else built it, while i still haven't discovered Writing...terribly

The AI is building like sick GW from the upper level of the Tech Tree...

Top Bottom