Discrepancy in Tile Yields

Numancio

Chieftain
Hi there, for anyone reading this i'm desperately trying to enjoy this unfinished gem as the rest of you. If anyone knows why, I just want to know what's with weird tile yields in certain parts of the map ie carthage only gets 2 hammers from its initial horse pasture instead of the 3 it should, and the two grasslands surrounding the wheat only provide 1 food instead of 2. Similarly the flood plains in mesopotamia are only providing 1 food instead of 2.

I agree about it being a gem...and that it’s badly unfinished.

I think some of those tile yields are intentional, much like how you can’t mine hills, but don’t know for sure.

IIRC, any tile which is in the outer ring of the BFC (i.e. needs a border pop to get) has all its yields reduced by one if they are two or above.

So the horse for Carthage gets -1 hammers as it's in the outer ring, and same with food on the grasslands and the flood plains in Mesopotamia.

It was a deliberate design choice by srpt to keep city size down to try and be more historical, and also not to penalise cities with BFC overlap. So you can fit more cities in the Levant, Mesopotamia and other populated regions without them being stunted compared to others.

That makes sense with food I suppose but with hammer and commerce yields its just frustrating. There's already a lack of hammers as it is and you can get unlucky with slaves

Top Bottom