Discussion for Citizen Honors

Strider

In Retrospect
This is where you are allowed to discuss the Citizens Honors . Please do not post any nominations in this thread. The Honors are listed below:

phoenátikán ztár General
performance for out nation in general above and beyond the call of duty
immortál krozz military
performance in defense of the nation above and beyond the call of duty
purple heárt domestic
performance in domestic matters above and beyond the call of duty
teál krozz foreign-affairs
performance in foreign matters above and beyond the call of duty

the medals also are ranked as follows (lower to higher)

None
Oakleaves
Oakleaves and Swords
Oakleaves, Swords and Diamonds
Golden Oakleaves, Swords, and Diamonds

Current Medals

Daaraa: phoenátikán ztár

Disorganizer: phoenátikán ztár

SKILORD: purple heárt

Falcon02: immortál krozz

Shaitan: Teál Krozz

Grey Fox: phoenátikán ztár

Shaitan: purple heárt

Visit the (OLD) discussion thread at:http://forums.civfanatics.com/showt...&threadid=23150

Visit the Nomination thread at: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=298231&t=6277#post298231

the first discussion should be about the criteria for the ranks. i think the criteria for the medal-types are relatively clear, but we still miss some departmental areas.

Out of discussion, but I think their should also be some honors for the council-members. Say the Bronze Star for doing outstanding as a council member(can be awared just before election time for the next term)

True....

if there will be no contra, i would propose a flow for the process:

1) citizens get nominated in the nomination-thread
only the type of medal in nominated and polled for, not the rank
2) poll is initiated by strider (or a representative). should be yes/no/abstain
3) if result is yes, strider puts up the nomination with the link to the poll in the presidential thread.
4) the president or another cabinet-member then puts up a cabinet-poll for the rank.
thats it. so the citizens decide on the type of medal, the cabinet on the rank.
if there is no veto, i think you can implement it with the running polls in 2 days

another proposal:
if a citizen is given a honour of a type he already holds, he must be given minimum the next higher rank.
example:
if a citizens holds the "immortal krozz" without anything and is voted for a second honouring with the same medal, he must be given at least the "immortal krozz with oakleaves", but could also be given any higher rank.
if he already has the highest rank, he cant be nominated for this medal any more (and the government should think about inventing new ranks or medals of higher rank)

Maybe it's just cause I'm an American but I would like a medal named " The Pheonetican Medal of Honor." After the Congressional Medal of Honor.

just to give every1 an idea for how the ranking should work out:
rankings from 1813-1945 in germany (iron cross):

Code:
            no rank:  8932721 (also the next 2 lower rankings included)
          oakleaves:      890
          ol+swords:      160
      ol+s+diamonds:       27
golden oakleves+s+d:        1
    total #soldiers: 32371000
so you see the highest rank should propably only be reached one time for each medal during the game.

Well, by the basis of the Medal of Honor it would basically be the #1 Medal, at the top of every other medal. So for REALLY great deads beyond ones calling for other medals.

ok. i would then propose this (or maybe a more phoenatican name for it? medal of honour is so simple sounding, like knightz krozz or something more militarisic?) as a medal beyond all others.
meaning:
if someone reaches the highest rank of one of the other medals, he will be awarded this medal if he should be ranked even higher (see ranking-explanation before this post).

example:
if someone holds the whatever-medal with golden ol+s+d, and then is nominated again for the whatever-medal and approved, then he/she/it gets the howeveritwillbecalledletitbethemedalofhonouridontcare-medal in addition to the medal he already has.

btw: maybe we should think about wheter honours could go over from one game to another, so if we end this one and start the next, some ppl will still have poenatican medals in the new game ;-)

ok. i would then propose this (or maybe a more phoenatican name for it? medal of honour is so simple sounding, like knightz krozz or something more militarisic?) as a medal beyond all others.
meaning:
if someone reaches the highest rank of one of the other medals, he will be awarded this medal if he should be ranked even higher (see ranking-explanation before this post).

example:
if someone holds the whatever-medal with golden ol+s+d, and then is nominated again for the whatever-medal and approved, then he/she/it gets the howeveritwillbecalledletitbethemedalofhonouridontc
are-medal in addition to the medal he already has.

btw: maybe we should think about wheter honours could go over from one game to another, so if we end this one and start the next, some ppl will still have poenatican medals in the new game ;-)

I propose the names of either:
White Zheild
or
Blákk Zheild

and other names could be:
medál oph honour (falcons proposal, just in our language)

grándmáztr oph de ordr oph de golden phleeze
(grandmaster of the order of the golden fleece)

btw:
maybe we should spell the medals bilingual?
phoenaticaans and english.

example:
immortal krozz (immortal cross)

so we need discussion here which to implement. btw:
we should have 1 highest rank medal, which will be the same for all specialized medals (like mentioned before). we still maybe need some more medals for special areas, like science and culture.

another point:
who is an artist? who can draw the pictures of the medals?

Poll results are in!

Here's who got the honors:

Daaraa phoenátikán ztár
Disorganizer phoenátikán ztár
SKILORD purple heárt
Falcon02 immortál krozz
Shaitan Teál Krozz
Grey Fox phoenátikán ztár
Shaitan purple heárt

The names will be posted in the presidential thread on June 2nd.
Then the will decide upon the rank.

Shouldn't we have a demogame Hall of Fame for our awardees?

Good Idea Zur.... Through we will need more then 2 people voting to make it possible.

Maybe it would be a good ideo to implement this on a web-page though. See Chieftess-Thread in the main-civ3-demo forum.

Top Bottom