Discussion Thread related to Multipolarity IOT

a) Last time I checked TUG wasn't ending soon
b) It's your reasoning that was horribly flawed and why i am against you on this.

1) Game is not starting in 2 minutes

2) If you embargo me 2 minutes after the game starts, it's still as crappy and empty as it would be if you embargoed before.

You're not understanding, sonereal. I have done nothing to your nation to deserve an embargo. When the game starts, I will have said exactly 0 things in character. I will have caused exactly 0 actions.

If it was turn 2 or 3, or 10, it doesn't matter. Your reasoning for embargoing, regardless of WHEN you do it, needs to have a justification.

I needed a justification to go to war with Partitionania, and I had one (although some claim it was empty and weak, still a justification nonetheless. At worst, it was simple, unrefined Imperialism). You have no justification other than "your nation sucks".

edit: What patchy said, xpost

Patriotic Fool, BSmith and Patchy win the thread.

1) Game is not starting in 2 minutes

2) If you embargo me 2 minutes after the game starts, it's still as crappy and empty as it would be if you embargoed before.

You're not understanding, sonereal. I have done nothing to your nation to deserve an embargo. When the game starts, I will have said exactly 0 things in character. I will have caused exactly 0 actions.

If it was turn 2 or 3, or 10, it doesn't matter. Your reasoning for embargoing, regardless of WHEN you do it, needs to have a justification.

I needed a justification to go to war with Partitionania, and I had one (although some claim it was empty and weak, still a justification nonetheless. At worst, it was simple, unrefined Imperialism). You have no justification other than "your nation sucks".

edit: What patchy said, xpost

My justification is that, at no point, would I not feel stupid carrying out diplomacy with a country called Spammer's Crusade.

Very few people care about your opinion. Literally, Patchy and PF are at least holding a conversation. You're just jumping in with one-liners.

And where is your IC justification?

Ninjacow, I'd appreciate it if you didn't do that.

Just because we side the same on this issue does not mean that we deserve any extra credit or anything.

You "tag teaming" our comments does nothing but give legitimacy to when they did it.

Trust me, I know. I remember in MP2 when I had to face 8 different players all posting, "Red_spy is correct, Patriotic_fool is wrong, Redspy wins!". They may have repeated it over and over, but that didn't make either "side" more legitimate or not.

Very few people care about your opinion. Literally, Patchy and PF are at least holding a conversation. You're just jumping in with one-liners.

I care deeply about ninjacow's opinion, just as I care about everyone else's opinion. Opinions are like armpits, every's got them and they all stink. (Sorry for tasteless joke, but I had to!) You have a habit of telling other people whether their nation or opinions are "stupid" or not, sonereal. You do not have the authority to do this.

Okay, sorry. I'll stop. :(

1) MP2 - I invaded Partitionania and I received a large backlash. 8 players, none of them allied to Partitionania, declared war on me. They did not do the same during previous wars, only to me.

2) MP2 - Thorvald himself levied 3 waves of embargoes against my nation. No other nations were embargoed by the sub-GM during the course of the game. He also organized a poll to get me kicked out of MP2.

3) MP2 - Both sonereal's corporation and mosher's country sent vast sums of money to aid Partitionania. Sonereal, being a corporation, sent out 250 income (half of its assets, quite a large sum) to a nation with only a single province. No corporation in-character would waste so much money like that. Mosher sent all his country's income to Partitionania. Again, not a logical in-character move.

7) MP2 - My joking statements, "I'm going to nuke Partitionania" in a web-chat are used multiple times against me. Said chat is cropped to remove my "i'm kidding" statements after the "nuking" part, and are treated as real.

8) MP3 - My nation is blockaded for being "stupid".

1.) I was allied to them, as were many of the people who declared war on you.

2.) No other nation was embargoed by another because the USSR-Polish War was the loudest and flashiest of them. The clusterfudge in Australia largely didn't grab international attention like your invasion of Poland did.

3.) Sone's corporation was investing in Poland; invest half your income in them now and it will pay off eventually once they're strong. In my case, as a totalitarian dictatorship helping our allies and containing the aggression of a competitor was completely in character.

7.) This has been done in almost every single IOT.

8.) I can do what I want with my nation's foreign policy.

Now I feel bad.

And where is your IC justification?

I gave it in thread. From the mindset of an Algerian government official in a world that seemingly is mostly unclaimed, the Algerian government has to look at and decide which nations seem reasonable and which others don't. France? Check. Islamic Theocracy of Castille? Check. Batmanistan? Well, hold on a second.

When a country is formed around spam or formed around a political figure five hundred years long dead, your leaders have to decide whether it is even a country. You simply don't trade and politically recognize every bloke who can mark on a map.

But even then, if the GM disagreed with it, HE could've slashed it. Instetad, we got this moderator coming in, editing our posts, and pretending that he's the GM.

So, if Bird wants to run Shattered Europe, IOTE2, and SonRISK, let him run them. We can send him the spreadsheets, the hidden modifiers, and everything and he can damn well run the games himself. If not, he needs to leave the running and maintenance to the GMs.

Now I feel bad.

I didn't mean it offensively. I'm just saying, we shouldn't fight fire with fire.

I.E. if we resort to pettiness and tag-teaming, we're just acting like those hooligans over there, and then this nice orderly thread turns into a democrat-republican debate on the economy.

*shudders*

But he isn't long dead in cannon, making him a legitimate ruler. :p

I gave it in thread. From the mindset of an Algerian government official in a world that seemingly is mostly unclaimed, the Algerian government has to look at and decide which nations seem reasonable and which others don't. France? Check. Islamic Theocracy of Castille? Check. Batmanistan? Well, hold on a second.

When a country is formed around spam or formed around a political figure five hundred years long dead, your leaders have to decide whether it is even a country. You simply don't trade and politically recognize every bloke who can mark on a map.

Link to how Romney lived for 500 years.

The first roleplay post so far, and I thought I did a good job of explaining my history and why Romney came into power/lived for so long.

If you don't like my history, too bad. Sucks for you. I can make my history whatever I want.

That is true. But ask yourself, how likely are you to believe that there is a country called Romneyland ran by a Mormon in West Africa?

Again, all of this is a matter of preference. We placed embargoes based on our beliefs, which are justified in-character, and a moderator rampages in and retcons everything he disagrees with.

How likely are you to believe CivGen's Republic of Corusant? Or some of Tani's NPCs?

It's not Romneyland (although that is a slang term for the empire). I prefer "Romney's Republic", "The Romney Republic", or the full " The Conservative Republic of Romney".

Katterland itself is just like Romneyland. Both had a single man as leader (Katter is a real Australian politician, if I recall correctly).

In fact, the parallels between Katterland and the Romney Republic are quite similar. Did you ever embargo Katterland for their stupid name? I think not..

My Final Conclusion..

Sonereal has no legitimate basis for an embargo, and all his attempts at arguing otherwise are just muddied attempts at disguising a blatant "OCC/METAGAME" move. This is as simple as it gets.

Sonereal, you were called out on it. Stop arguing, admit your mistake, and wait until the game begins before embargoing me. That. Simple.

It's not Romneyland (although that is a slang term for the empire). I prefer "Romney's Republic", "The Romney Republic", or the full " The Conservative Republic of Romney".

Katterland itself is just like Romneyland. Both had a single man as leader (Katter is a real Australian politician, if I recall correctly).

In fact, the parallels between Katterland and the Romney Republic are quite similar. Did you ever embargo Katterland for their stupid name? I think not..

Katterland is basically Australia's RR. For the life of me I cannot see the difference between them other than the fact that they are based in two different countries.

How likely are you to believe CivGen's Republic of Corusant? Or some of Tani's NPCs?

Suspension of disbelief and me being lighter on Tani than the individual player. I can accept the 501st and the RoC because I can willingly suspend my disbelief with those.

A nation dedicated to spam and another one that comes across as another Teahadistan or Ron Paul Somalia are very hard to deal with with suspension of disbelief.

Again, the problem is of overstepping moderation. If TF was against the embargoes, he should've been the one to disbar them.

Suspension of disbelief and me being lighter on Tani than the individual player. I can accept the 501st and the RoC because I can willingly suspend my disbelief with those.

A nation dedicated to spam and another one that comes across as another Teahadistan or Ron Paul Somalia are very hard to deal with with suspension of disbelief.

So you're saying that because you simply don't like my nation that you will embargo it?

Would you be more likely to suspend your disbelife if it was the Obama Republic in africa?

Gotta make sure politics isn't feeding this

Top Bottom