Discworld empire

Civ'ed

I ain't gotta explain a thing
If ye aren't a Discworld fan, look away!!! I urge you!

So... In 10 days I will start a Discworld story (Discworld is Terry Pratchett's main series) on FFH2. Based on Ankh-Morpork and Vetinari. I am too lazy to make a poll (hey, I have hols too ;)), so I will simply... tally.

According to Vetinari's rule in Ankh-Morpork, what difficulty should it be? I'm tallying, totally fair.

(and when I'm back home I'll start in this thread.)

Of course, if you don't like Discworld and are reading this, it might be possible that you missed the first bit.

Start... CHOOSING!

Either Kuriotates (for super mega cities, Ankh-Morpork is only one city, apart from the time of the empire, but no one liked the empire) or Khazad (MONEY MONEY MONEY! The only downside being is that they are dwarves). I haven't played FFH before and never will (I own a mac), so this is what I gleaned from Ravus's FFH thread. Do whatever difficulty you are comfortable with.

BTW, I am a mega Terry Pratchett fan! I just finished reading The Monstrous Regiment and it was hilarious! This is going to be brilliant!

:newyear:

I don't think there are centaurs in Discworld NC ;)
Discworld Empire is all the countries under the Patrician (yes, even ze people in Uberwald)
I would also think chieftain would be good seeing as the only problem is with balls that go gloing! and Koom Valley. It should be an allround civ but still human. The problem is every civ works and doesn't work at the same time. (I MIGHT, for sake of the cheeseboard that is Discworld, use WB to get the dwarves, Vampires, orcs, Gobbos and so on.

Right I am going to write a bit of story while we wait for the Civ.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

A New World (round, lots of space for property development, a few other people fighting over it as if the world was the last drop of blood left at a vampire party)

Lord Vetinari wasn't particulary feeling like a Lord today. Well, that wasn't entirely true. He still was Patrician. "So, Mustrum, what just happened?"
"I'll have to ask young Stibbons, Havelock." Mustrum Ridcully should have been the Archchancellor of the Unseen University - something that did not exist in this area. But for that matter, nothing seemed to exist in that area, so that was all right.
Ponder Stibbons burst into the... Camp? Was it a Camp? It could have been if something existed.
The ground shook.
"Ah, Stibbons, inform Mr Vetinari - sorry, LORD Vetinari - about what just happened."
"Well... we were hunting the Megapode again and suddenly a selection of Creatures from Disc along with us was transported through Nothing In Particular and we seem to have landed in a strange world... a round One."
Vetinari said nothing. There was a Silence that usually means something really bad is going to happen.
"So what is the name of the world?"
A lone horseman rode up to the unlikely trio.
"The world, strangers, is called... Erebus."
-------------------------------------------
Notice: I am using my uber-annoying Joke skill to write this. If you like to compare me to Pratchett, I'm probably a Dan Quayle.

Ah I see the wizards decided to mess with the Roundworld Project yet again, but this time sucked everybody else in.

A pacificst Orc, indeed interesting!

Though I think a bit of Weatherwaxian intervention may also be good.

No trolls unfortunately, ogres are the closest. Of course if you go Beeri you also get Dorfl, Pump No. 19, etc. thrown in for free!

Ok a note (two actually):
A) The civilization will be the Grigori renamed to Lord Vetinar's Discworld empire. On Chieftain.
B) This DOES NOT MEAN I will start anytime soon, wait till Sunday. (when i'm home and have Civilization)

Starting soon, sorry, my flight gloriously delayed BY THREE WHOLE HOURS.

Time for a glorious revolution:

"All the little angels rise up, rise up,
all the little angels rise up high!
How do they rise up, rise up, rise up,
How do they rise up, rise up high?"

Home again!
Played in a bit yesterday, Just as to start us off, there will be no screenshots. Sorry, was 9 o'clock.
------------------------------------------------------------------
HOW TO TOTALLY FAIL AT SCOUTING (AND LOSING A FEW PEOPLE ALONG THE WAY)

Vetinari looked at his little city - Ankh Morpork. It was a fine day, sure enough. The new 1st Morporkian Regiment were patrolling the streets.
"Mr Ridcully, Sir." Drumknott walked in with Mustrum.
"Well?"
"We, erm... lost Stibbons. There is no way we can perform magic at present. Our second scouting party failed."
"How did we lose Stibbons?"
"He went out and made a fair map of the world before being killed by a Griffon."
"A Griffon?"
"A eagle/lion mixture. very quick killer."
"All right... Good news?"
"Trevor Likely is undergoing training. A few people have volunteered to join us."
"Trevor Likely is..."
"Gaining experience."
"And these people?"
"two tribes: One near the grave of the second scouting party and another close by."
"kill the one near the grave."
"WHy?"
"because something killed the scouts."
"oh."
"SIR SIR!" A young boy ran up.
"yes?"
"one of the tribes has started building roads! It's the only thing they know!"
"Good."
--------------
Spoiler :

In game terms:
Named the Warrior 1st Morporkian Regiment.
Named the starting scout Ponder Stibbons.
Named Midgar (the city) Ankh-Morpork.
Stibbons finds a goody hut with workers.
Named the workers Erebus volunteers.
Stibbons gets killed by a griffon.
Get adventurer, name trevor likely and fortify in A-M.
Train second scout, Uberwald Humans.
Humans get killed by skeleton after getting another worker, who is disbanded.

Turn 53. 1 CIty. Problems with scouting. Next episode: Can the Patrician fix this mess? "It'll never last", say critics.

Top Bottom