Disk cracked. Can you get a replacement?

AU_Armageddon

Cenobyte
I bought my copy 6 months ago the day of release here in Australia for a good AUS$100 (about $75US, our standard price for games here). The disc has cracked a little accross the centre dial. Apparently just enough to cause it to be unrecognised most times, or become unrecognised later in use, such as ok to start, but fails when I log into multiplayer.

I have heard rumour some game companies will replace discs if you send them the original, even out of standard warranty periods. Anyone know if there is truth to that? Who would you contact?

I'd say it was from overuse :p but to be honest all my games get overused and this is the first (of hundreds) to ever falter through wear and tear. I'm not about to spend another 100 bucks though cos a 1 cent to produce piece of crap plastic wore out. I don't just want a no-cd crack or something cos this is one game I'm gonna be reinstalling accross my next several computers.

Well, call / mail someone and ask (vendor / firaxis / ...).

If I had this problem, I'd create a disk image on my HDD asap and look for options how to install/play without CD.

Problem is crunch, if he did find a way to play without the CD it might only work for 10 turns. It is likely that Firaxis would just blame the delivery company but you might get lucky so it would be worth giving Firaxis a call and see what they say.

AU_Armageddon said:
some game companies will replace discs if you send them the original
This media is warranted for 90 days here in the US. You may have a different warranty; it should be printed within the last few pages of the manual. The company contact information should be noted there also.

Zanmato said:
Problem is crunch, if he did find a way to play without the CD it might only work for 10 turns.
There's the 10-turn way and there are other ways.

Top Bottom