DLC GMR game anyone?

Onan

Dad
Okay, I don't know if anyone else out there caved and bought all the DLC this past weekend. I did.

Considering a small or standard (continents?) game, with six players, with only the six DLC civs: Babylon, Inca, Spain, Vikings, Polynesia, and Korea. Either picked or at random.

(A friend has mentioned he thinks these civs are all overpowered in one way or another...and it may be so, they've not had much if any MP testing.)

Anyone interested?

I'm in! My goal is to run 10 GMR games at once. 3 more to go.

I'd love to join aswell. But how would you random just the dlc civs without the normal ones? Dice? Could be fun. :)

Weeell, I suppose it couldn't hurt to play another GMR game...lol

I already owned all the DLC. I would say they are OP if you are playing against the AI, but I think they are fine against players. The thing is on Deity they do well for abusing the AI (which you need to do to win Deity!) but in MP you can't take advantage of those things.

Did you get the Ancient Wonders too?

I'd love to join aswell. But how would you random just the dlc civs without the normal ones? Dice? Could be fun. :)

Yes, just a dice roll or a simple program to randomise it, then setting it up with the result manually.

Weeell, I suppose it couldn't hurt to play another GMR game...lol

Did you get the Ancient Wonders too?

Yes! They came in a bundle with Korea, I think. Before someone asks, I didn't buy any of the maps. We can play with the wonders too, if everyone has them, as long as it works that way.

We have 8 people who want to play. Does it have to be DLC only? Because everyone is playing a new game just by having DLC civs at all, and having the Wonders (available to everyone).

Is there any reason we can't expand to 8 players?

We have 8 people who want to play. Does it have to be DLC only? Because everyone is playing a new game just by having DLC civs at all, and having the Wonders (available to everyone).

Is there any reason we can't expand to 8 players?

I agree with you.
For me, it won't be a problem at all if just 6 players played with the DLC civs and the other two with the normal ones.

Okay, we can do that.

Any settings suggestions?

Please give me your play times in GMT. I'll set it u p this afternoon.

GMT playtimes mostly between 8 a.m. and 10 a.m.
Most of the times also after 9 p.m.

4 pm - 10 pm GMT.
Does wonders come with the civ packs btw? Cause when I said I had all I meant all the extra civs. Didnt bother with the rest.

I don't have the wonders pack. I have all DLC civs.

Playing time(EST, GMT -5) :

12pm to 3pm

7pm tp 8pm at some occasions

1am to 4am

Playing time(GMT) :

5pm to 8pm

12am to 1am at some occasions

6am to 9am

For me, the wonders came with Korea.

I know what I'll do: I'll give the DLC civs to the first six to sign up. The other two will get vanilla civs. Not sure whether to include Mongolia...pretty deadly UU, but probably less game breaking than frigates!

Waiting on Deathgod to post his play time, converted to GMT time zone. Then I'll start it up. If no post in 24 hours, I'll start it with 7.

I rolled the dice for the DLC civs (I'll let the game figure out the other two), here they are:

Onan - Inca
Tab - Korea
EEe - Babylon
GamerKG - Polynesia
Blue Collar / InsaneTrollLogic = Spain
Foffaren - Vikings

If no one objects, I think I'll do a random map and see what we find!

Nooooo the Wonders are part of the part everyone can play! Sad we don't all have them :(

I honestly don't care if I get a DLC civ or not, I play them plenty.

I play GMT -6 I think, whatever Time Zone Boston/New York is. So I guess that would end up being between 6-10pm GMT and/or 4-7am GMT.

I think a random map could be a serious problem. Get Highlander and Inca are OP. Get Archipelago and Polynesia OP. You get the idea.

I think Standard Continents is the way to go. If you want to try out the DLC civs and see how they fare (even against the 2 normal civs) then I think you should want normal settings. Just a thought.

Oh dear, Babylon, it's OP :lol: but I played only once with him Bowman rush!

Top Bottom