DLC is not in my game - just bought it yesterday

Horserush

Warlord
So I bought all the DLC yesterday and also downloaded the new patch. NONE of the DLC are showing up in my game. I had the Mongol DLC already and can load the scenario just fine, but none of the other (5?) are showing up in-game.

To recap:
- latest version of the game (updated yesterday)
- bought all DLC for 10$
- none of them are in my game after loading

What gives? Do I have to 'activate' them? Support is very unsupportive on the official site, if anyone can help please let m know.

When you right-click on the game title in the Steam Library, and select the DLC tab, do you see the DLC listed there?

Yes all the DLC are listed under Downloadable content with Steam purchase as the purchase method.

Have you restarted the Steam client? If so, right-click on the game again, select Properties, then Game Files, then Verify Local Content.

Let me know if this works for you.

Yeah I restarted Steam, I have it on two computers and have checked both of them and they are both having the same issue (laptop, desktop).

Send me a private message with your steam handle, and I'll ping Steam.

Hi,
My situation is exactly the same as Horserush's. Any solution ?

Look in the following directory and tell me what you see (or wherever your base Steam directory is located):

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\sid meier's civilization v\assets\DLC\

D

Hi Dshirk,
Thanks for your interest in my case.
Actually, I'm on Mac. In my directory .../Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/sid meier's civilization v/assets/Maps, I can find my new maps (Americas, Asia, M_AncientLake, Mediterranean, Mesopotamia.
I tried on my son's PC and I can find the maps in Civ and play. But not on Mac. Hope it is compatible. It seems to be (see http://www.cyberstratege.com/magazine/civilization/2011/02/11/les-dlc-arrivent-sur-mac/ it's in English despite the title).

Should work the same way on the Mac side. To verify, you're looking for those maps in Advanced Setup when in-game, correct?

Thanks dshirk, everything's alright actually.
On PC, all the maps are visible from the 'classical' setup menu (don't know its name in name, I have the French app). But on Mac, DLC Maps are not visible from this menu, you need to go til the 'advanced setup' menu.

Attachments

• Menu_Mac.jpg
    Menu_Mac.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 763
  • Maps_Mac.jpg
    Maps_Mac.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 903
I haven't seen the full map listing on the basic set up screen on PC or Mac.

However, you should be able to verify that you have the DLC leaders on the basic game setup screen.

Yeah I was expecting them to show up under scenarios, but you have to go into the advanced setup menu when starting a game to load the maps. :lol:

Thanks for all your help dshirk!

I'm having a similar issue. Was gifted the Cradle of Civilization pack, but can't get any of the content to show up in my game.
It shows up on Steam as installed, and there are DLC install files in the Steam directory (which is different from the Civilization directory).

I have uninstalled Civ, reinstalled through Steam, re-installed Steam, and ran Verify Local Content several times through this process.

Still no option to pick the DLC civs or other content. :(

I had this issue for a little bit...

make sure you are launching the game via the launcher, not a shortcut!!!

If you launch the game from a Dx9 or Dx10-11 shortcut, it will not show your DLC.

Hard to explain but;

You can create a shortcut for the two different versions of DirectX by right clicking them and creating it. Do not use these shortcuts!

I had this issue for a little bit...

make sure you are launching the game via the launcher, not a shortcut!!!

If you launch the game from a Dx9 or Dx10-11 shortcut, it will not show your DLC.

Hard to explain but;

You can create a shortcut for the two different versions of DirectX by right clicking them and creating it. Do not use these shortcuts!

If the game is registered as a STEAM game, do not use the game's shortcut. AFAIK steam itself will let you create a shortcut to use, but you can only use that one, not one created outside of steam.

Top Bottom