DLC Question

Scios

Chieftain
In what order would you rank the DLC? I am thinking about getting a couple and want opinions.

For me:

1. Polynesia - very different, unique style of play, tons of flavor
2. Inca - love the terrace farms & UA
3. Mongols - unstoppable war machine
4. Spain - can be very fun in certain circumstances but feels somewhat vanilla at times
5. Babylon - powerful abilities but flavorless

Danes might be #1 when they come out. They sound pretty awesome.

Which brings to mind. When I look for the civs by dlc I get map packs, how can i just search for the 'civs' themselves? Also what does the 'bundle' give me for 9.99 (US dollars)?

1. Denmark - I know they're not out yet, but they're already my favorite
2. Polynesia - Very unique playstyle, friggin' moai, awesome music and unique cities
3. Inca - Interesting abilities, the terrace farm is cool, and native American civs are generally cool
4. Spain - Fairly unique gameplay; the conquistador is one of the neatest UUs out there
5. Babylon - One of the most powerful civs in the game, but they're pretty bland

Which brings to mind. When I look for the civs by dlc I get map packs, how can i just search for the 'civs' themselves? Also what does the 'bundle' give me for 9.99 (US dollars)?

The bunddle gives you 4 maps, that you must use in Advanced Settings. The maps themselves are alright, they flow a bit better than random maps, but other than that there's not much to them.

If you really want to start with a DLC, then I recommend the Double Pack, try it, see if you like it. A lot of people seem to be very content with Polynesia, but then again Civ V has a lot of fans from down under, if you catch my drift.

More answers to basically the same question here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=420619

Personally I'd forget about the map packs (cradle of civilization) and go for the ones with Civs & Scenarios.

Spain & Inca come together in one DLC with a scenario to find the new world.
Polynesia comes with a polynesian scenario with different social policies.
Babylon just comes on its own with no scenario, but it is Babylon.

Look at these, look at the prices decide what interests you personally.

Hmm..
1) Polynesia. The music, the personality of the leader, the unique map/tile features.. very nice.
2) Incans. Again, more variation of map/terrain improvements is much-appreciated. And slingers are pretty interesting.
3) Babylon. I love ranged combat, so another bow-and-arrow unit is appreciated. I also enjoy their trait (science - ho!), and the image of Nebby throwing his chalice is always good for a laugh. His leader scene is pretty cool.. I like the green flames.
4) Mongols. Holy crap are keshiks powerful!
5) Spain. Isabella's voice and her holier-than-thou attitude are annoying. She's my favorite leader to defeat (with Elizabeth as a close second).

First of all: I didn't buy any of these DLC. I still have an opinion, which you can read below:

1. Polynesia - somehow I like water based maps. And Polynesia is not just great on those maps, but has some very intersting benefits. And somehow I really like the idea of a Polynesian empire :)
2. Denmark - Vikings ftw. Super melee units are always good.
3. Inca - terrace farms give a very interesting flavour to the game. Treating hills as roads? Oh yeah! :)
4. Babylon - GS, always welcome. UB/UU is nothing I really cheer for.
5. Spain - OK, getting a lot of gold for natural wonders is really helpful in the beginning. But I don't like the UU.
6. Mongols - I don't like horse based wars (I prefer a good combination of melee/siege units). However, the Khan is a really great unit! The UA is pretty useless to me, as I almost never attack CS.

Denmark-norway!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The ski-troopers look awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. Polynesia: Really fun gameplay and awesome Unique Ability and Unique Improvement!
2. Spain: Gives you a good boost in the beginning with their UA and the conquistador owns!
3. Inca: Terrace Farms are a nice Unique improvement.
4. Babylon: A little lackluster in my opinion. Unique Ability is ok.
5. Denmark: Not out yet.

So I had a similar question, glad I don't have to make a new post. Seems like all of the civs have their good point so I'll probably pick up all 4 of them (already have mongols, they came with whatever version of the game Target was selling). Is the general consensus then that the maps are not worth the $10 it takes to get them all? It does sound pricey just for maps, anything special about these maps at all that make them more interesting than the types in game already? I'm not an anti-DLC "OMG IT SHOULD BE FREE" guy but I need to see the value, if it's just a generic map with a new kind of layout but nothing new then I will skip.

So I had a similar question, glad I don't have to make a new post. Seems like all of the civs have their good point so I'll probably pick up all 4 of them (already have mongols, they came with whatever version of the game Target was selling).

Mongol's was released as free dlc. It doesn't really come with any version you buy but you download it automaticly when the game updates itself as its free.

Lol. I'll probably snath the incas, Denmark, and Polynesia if there ever is a sale.

Lol. I'll probably snath the incas, Denmark, and Polynesia if there ever is a sale.

There already has been a sale for DLC so you'll probably have to wait a while for the next one :/

Because their archer replacement doesn't look or sound different like the Incan slinger, which has that cool Retreat ability.

Their UB is simply walls with more defense (2.5 more defense). Woohoo.

Their ability isn't as amazing as it used to be with the nerf to Great Scientist generation in general.

Frankly, all the other DLC civs released so far have been (imo) more interesting. Nebuchadnezzar's leader screen is nice though. A wizard with green fire next to him who talks like a grumpy Rasputin of sorts.

Top Bottom