DMOC's DEITY Game #3 - Willem van Oranje

you need to uninstall the previous version of BUG before installing the new one

I'm using 4.2 and it seems to open OK and play a couple of turns.

@kossin -
Spoiler :
the new map (pig, rice) has 8 AIs, not 10 as originally intended :mischief:

And I thought I had double-checked the conditions. &^$%$
Nevertheless, it's still playable.

EDIT: Not gonna discuss opening strategy but I'll stick around for later rounds.

@DMOC
The answer to your BUG problem is: delete custom assets and re-install BUG from scratch.
In previous versions simply overwriting used to work but for this one you need to uninstall any previous versions.

I've gotten the no interface problem before, but only for scenarios such as defense, etc. I guess you can re-install BUG and see if that works. If it doesn't then guess just ask the BUG people hot to fix the problem. I then for me, I had to change NoCustomAsset from = 0 to =1 in the ini file.

Finally. Got. This. #$%&. To. Work. :crazyeye:

Anyway ...

4000 BC - Starting Warrior Move

I opted to move the warrior 1NE. There were several reasons.

• The only appealing alternative to settling in place would be to move to the north, where we get rivers and potentially extra resources (not counting marble, though).
  • It would seem to be a waste to explore the west, as the land looks like plains.
  • Settling 2 south, which still claims both food resources, doesn't make sense in this situation. (Who wants to abandon grassland for plains and desert?)

There's nothing of interest up north, not even a fish. However, it's worth noting that a move 1N for the capital keeps both food resources, adds a great production tile in marble, gains river access, and gains 3 grassland at the expense of 3 plains tiles. That would be a good tradeoff if it weren't for the fact that the capital 1N of the current settler location loses not one but two floodplains (the floodplain under the city and the floodplain 2E 1S of the current settler location) and that it will take the worker one extra turn to do his first food resource improvement. Furthermore, a capital 1N of the current settler location will not have as much blocking and/or barbarian fogbusting value.

Glad to see this get off the ground!

Best of luck for settling (no hidden meaning) discussion.
Only thing I'd say is moving north loses even more food as you get the resources hooked up 1 turn later because the worker is delayed.

Atleast the ones uploaded to the forum will survive. You won't get rid of this game that easy!

Looking at the warrior's move I say settle in place. It's true you lose 3 grassland and the Marble(though since your borders will expand quickely you will get the Marble anywhy and that can save space for a potential fishing village north of the capital) By settling in place you gain a grassland hill and what seems to be 2 more floodplains and a plains hill.

another suggestion would be 1NE ... sure, you'd miss a turn and the rice (which can be used otherplace through) but its riverside, you get some more Grassland (which otherwise likely would be wasted, due to no seafood) and you don't lose Flood Plains

another suggestion would be 1NE ... sure, you'd miss a turn and the rice (which can be used otherplace through) but its riverside, you get some more Grassland (which otherwise likely would be wasted, due to no seafood) and you don't lose Flood Plains

you lose forest for chopping and get unknown land... :)

I would probably SIP

but gain at least 1 forest which can't be used for quite some time (2w of warrior)

but gain at least 1 forest which can't be used for quite some time (2w of warrior)

i am more bothered with the unknown land 3E...but it's nice suggestions since you get those grass riverside tiles north.
and there is the loss of some hills. well let's see with what comes up DMOC ;-)

With the Dutch, riverside itself is irrelevant: you have fresh water from the lake and you can also still build the dike for bonus hammers.

:mad: Very nice ...

I uninstall and then REinstall Beyond the Sword, but then what happens when I open up a new game?

Not only does the same problem of missing text under the leaderhead continues, but I also can't get the scoreboard to display! (I try clicking on that icon below that displays the score, but nothing shows!)

:mad: I need to sort this out ... I hope I don't have to reinstall Civ4 Vanilla because that is an even WORSE pain than reinstalling BtS ....

I really really really wish that B.U.G. mod was easier to uninstall (I asked how to uninstall, and the advice I got was to delete obscurely located files instead). It would have saved me so much time.

Ask the BUG people for help. It's probably something quite simple and even if it's not BUG related they'll have a much better idea of what's wrong.

Top Bottom