Do you always complete Tradition ?

Thanks all for your answers.

I'm indeed wondering if mixing tradition opener+legalism with liberty would be a good way to overcome the loss of turns from monuments building. As in : trad opener-> liberty till the free settler -> legalism.

I know it's generally very bad to pick a policy for the sole culture it generates, since on the long run the opportunity cost of that single policy skyrockets. Others have pointed that out here.

But here we would take these two policies, not hoping they'll pay off on the long run culture wise, but simply to speed up the game's start. 3 or 4 gpt saved (depending on having built or not a monument in the capital) + lots of hammers saved not building monuments. An early advantage of that sort might snowball nicely.

why would you wait that long for legalism if you just want free monuments?

To get my free settler and increased settler production rate earlier.

At first, when wanting to go Liberty, I went with the Trad opener and then proceeded to Liberty, got the settler, then back to Trad, but lately I've been trying just straight opening with Liberty, get that Settler one SP earlier. Not sure it's *much* earlier given I don't get that +3 culture from Trad, but it feels earlier-ish.

I almost never finish Liberty -- I don't see how you can pass up all the happiness bumps you get from Trad.

To get my free settler and increased settler production rate earlier.

ah gotcha. if you wait that long to build monuments though, your culture will be quite low. It would take a long time to get to legalism that way. I think you would be better off hard building monuments in that situation and getting free ampis.

Both Tradition and Liberty have finishers that are better to get earlier rather than later. Whichever I pick, I always finish before moving on.

Top Bottom