Do You Curse?

Since swearing is usually done for the speaker's benefit rather than the listeners if it works for Arakhor it is.

dang what a perspective, never thought about it that way till now

Of course it does, because that's funnier than a line of asterisks.

Since swearing is usually done for the speaker's benefit rather than the listeners if it works for Arakhor it is.

Besides, I don't choose to make incoherent noises when I hurt myself. It just tends to happen.

But I too must say bullfeathers because the autocensor replaces bull**** with bullfeathers

But you have the satisfaction of writing bullwhatever even if that's not what appears on the page. Is it writing the curse or the reaction to you writing it that you need?

Of course it does, because that's funnier than a line of asterisks.
Well I'm completely unhappy with "fudge" as a replacement word... I think there are much funnier/sharper choices available. Who do I speak to about that?
Besides, I don't choose to make incoherent noises when I hurt myself. It just tends to happen.

RACKING FRACKING DURTY PHILUBURKIN BAKASHARKIN PERKALOOMABURTIN CADABATTIN...!!!

Yes actually Goat is a proxy for Dog in Indonesian language. Instead of saying "Anjing" I said "Kambing" instead. People usually take it as funny and laugh along. When I was teenager I use to swear in every coma and dot, but when I was in university I move in rural area where people are much more polite and traditional, which pretty much effect me until now.

I almost never swear. I'm far more likely to gurgle incoherently if I hurt myself than anything else.

On the other hand, I think that seeing word replacements are more effective than a row of asterisks in text. After all, writing "bullfeathers" makes you look like a faintly embarrassed elderly aunt from the 1950s.

That's not effective swearing!

Well I'm completely unhappy with "fudge" as a replacement word... I think there are much funnier/sharper choices available. Who do I speak to about that?

RACKING FRACKING DURTY PHILUBURKIN BAKASHARKIN PERKALOOMABURTIN CADABATTIN...!!!

I liked frak from Battlestar Galactica

Pedantry time! Cursing, by definition, in a broad sense, does NOT necessarily mean one has to use a swear or cuss (which are, by proper definition, differentiated from each other as invectives in that swears, by strict definition, are religious in origin at some level - and used to be called "blasphemy in the heat of passion" in REALLY old days, while cusses are sexual or based on human or animal waste or other by-products at some level of the origin of the words). Cursing is, strictly speaking, a matter of intention, and thus, in truth, the actual words used are not really THAT relevant.

fudge

Was your intention to curse, or make a semantic point? :p

I tried to post a curse word , It didn't worked out ;) I typed :

fudge

I like "Oh bother!" from Winnie the Pooh. :gripe:

"Shades of Scorpius," and "Suffering Psyche," from the "Mighty Hercules," that cheesy pseudo-Grecian mythology Saturday morning cartoon from the '60's with Johnny Nash having the biggest billing in the credits for singing the theme song.

"Shades of Scorpius," and "Suffering Psyche," from the "Mighty Hercules," that cheesy pseudo-Grecian mythology Saturday morning cartoon from the '60's with Johnny Nash having the biggest billing in the credits for singing the theme song.

And speaking of cheesy '60's cartoons (and cartoonish series), 'Wallopping Websnappers," from the Spider-Man cartoon in that that decade with the iconic theme song, the repeating stock animation, and the psychadellic sky, and "Holy <insert two relevant terms by context> Batman," from the Batman series from that decade with Adam West.

And speaking of cheesy '60's cartoons (and cartoonish series), 'Wallopping Websnappers," from the Spider-Man cartoon in that that decade with the iconic theme song, the repeating stock animation, and the psychadellic sky, and "Holy <insert two relevant terms by context> Batman," from the Batman series from that decade with Adam West.

Oh, yes, and no cheesy '60's cartoon mentioning would be complete without "Zoiks," from the various iterations and series of Scooby-Doo.

Cursing is, strictly speaking, a matter of intention, and thus, in truth, the actual words used are not really THAT relevant.

:lol: how on earth will you witness someone intention? Unless such swear words is already convent to be meant not harmful even though literally it means horrendous.

:lol: how on earth will you witness someone intention? Unless such swear words is already convent to be meant not harmful even though literally it means horrendous.

Context could be VERY important, in that case, I'd say.

When not meant as harmful or just plain mean to any1 feelings I accept any curse word ;) Sometime You just have to "fudge", otherwise I'd doubt You're human :D ;)

When not meant as harmful or just plain mean to any1 feelings I accept any curse word ;) Sometime You just have to "fudge", otherwise I'd doubt You're human :D ;)

Not a Human, but possibly a Cyborg which can be cooler than Human. Just look at Robocop, Darth Vader, Grahf, Robert House and Terminator, they all share two similarity, they are cyborg and they never swear :lol:

Not a Human, but possibly a Cyborg which can be cooler than Human. Just look at Robocop, Darth Vader, Grahf, Robert House and Terminator, they all share two similarity, they are cyborg and they never swear :lol:

No ! I AM YOUR FATHER !

:mischief:
edit:
Spoiler :

But you have the satisfaction of writing bullwhatever even if that's not what appears on the page. Is it writing the curse or the reaction to you writing it that you need?
I dunno, it’s a complex mix of personal satisfaction, aesthetics, and authorial intent. Swearing is complicated business.

Top Bottom