Does anyone know when the game will drop on the 24th? (Edit: Preload is now up)

If they go at 12:01 Friday morning on the 24th I expect it will work like it does New Years Day. Australia is first in the New Year so I expect will be the same for the game.

Steam doesn't announce it beforehand and I haven't seen any information coming from Firaxis either, so I guess that nobody knows right now. From my experience most games with preload are available 3-5 days before launch.

I know Steam has done it, but I have never actually played a game where it did.. which games do you know of that did pre-downloads before launch, so I can go check that all out? If its within 3-5 days than it could be any day now.

I usually just quit Steam and then reload the app a day or so before release if there is no sign of an anticipated pre-load on the Steam Downloads page. That seems to kick in any pre-load that has not caught up yet. Don't know of course if this will work the same way with BE.

250 Mbit broadband, living in sweden had its advantages... Games takes usually no longer than 10 min to download and install :)

I know Steam has done it, but I have never actually played a game where it did.. which games do you know of that did pre-downloads before launch, so I can go check that all out? If its within 3-5 days than it could be any day now.
Some games that had preloading were Dark Souls 2, NBA 2015, Shadow of Mordor... I think Watchdogs also had preload, as had Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel a few days ago. Not sure about the exact dates, but I think they can be found relatively easy via goole if you're really interested. I mostly got my 3-5 days date from just clicking games that were advertised via preload on the store-page.

Although that might be dependent on the game-size (and popularity probably also plays a role)... not sure how steam decides if and when preload is made available.
/edit: Just realized that that sounded a bit confusing: The "if/whether it's made available" was not meant to refer to BE, preload for BE has already been confirmed a while ago.

Steam games are usually available 1-2 hours after midnight central european time. At least that was the case with last relase from Firaxis, XCOM:EU/EW, and also with Civ5. Cant help with earlier downloads since Silesian Internet is only slightly slower than Swedish and it usually takes longer to install a game than to download it :p

250 Mbit broadband, living in sweden had its advantages... Games takes usually no longer than 10 min to download and install :)

Amen brother. Click download, make a toast, grind some coffee, game done DLing :)

Is Swedish hard to learn? :(

I'm preloading now!

Opened Steam clicked on Beyond Earth and got a prompt whether to preload.

Preload finished 1:50 pm EDT

Moderator Action: Preload is Up thread merged with Does anybody know when the game will drop. Thread title extended to note that preload is up.

Does anybody know if it's the same version as the press beta we've seen video of?

Took three minutes to download - better than I expected. Now comes the wait for 3 days, 9 hours, 40 minutes....

Fingers crossed for Green Man Gaming sending out the pre-orders soon.
+1 :please:

Well apparently the last borderlands game sent out their codes from GMG 3 days before launch and its a 2k game too so we might actually have a chance.
How does that compare to said game's preload availability on Steam? It's possible they'll want to give Steam the preload "exclusive" for a day or, God forbid, two.

Top Bottom