Does anyone know where I can get Civ 1 in Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to save anyone getting into hot water... since downloading Civ1 from such sites is still illegal, we don't allow the addresses of those sites to be posted publicly on Civfanatics

I'm sure I have your cooperation in that! :)

Search in local shops, I buyed my civ 1 one year ago in a box with three great SID MEIER Games.
Railroad tycoon, Colonization, and Civilization for only 25 guilders, this is 12 Euro, or 10 US dollar.

One of the Computer Magazines here in Australia has released the ORIGINAL Civ in full form. This is a cheap magazine, and its CDs consist of downloadable files. This is why I came to this site in the first place. Knowing that CIV is downloadable LEGALLY I believe you are wrong in saying its illegal to do so. Now we just want to know.. maybe you can source this out civ forum dudes, where can we get it LEGALLY.

I'll find out the name of the mag and let you know.

I thought the Oz magazine, Computer User, had a Civ game (it could have been Civ2) free in their included CD. This was around September when news came out of Civ3's imminent release.

glorified_au: What you say does not constitute proof that it is legal to download Civ1. Have you, for example, written to the magazine and asked how much they paid to provide this service? All of our information at CivFanatics tells us that it is still illegal to download Civ1 free - or Civ2 or Civ3 for that matter - and we are in the habit of deleting any references to download sites and banning the posters responsible.

Originally posted by Achinz
I thought the Oz magazine, Computer User, had a Civ game (it could have been Civ2) free in their included CD. This was around September when news came out of Civ3's imminent release.

Yeah, I got that magazine too. It had Civ 2 Test of Time. Thanks though.

Email me for info on 1, 2, and 3. :D

Although Civ 1 is no longer sold so even though it is technically illegal no-one can bes sued for downloading it (as to sue you have to prove lost profits) Civ2 ToT is still sold (i think) so it the magazine probably had an agreement with the producers.

Don't know if the question was really answered! Conditional Zenith,have you heard of Civilisation Bundles, which is supposed to contain I,II? [dance] :beer: [dance]

Rowan,

I can't say I have. Could you tell me more about it please. I all ready have civ 2, and I don't really want to buy it again, but if the price is reasonable, it might be the only way.

Thanks

well you can always try auctions or Software chains opr maybe even amazon.com

lol and if you're an illegal person go to a search engine and search it probably wouldn't take to long.
all I can say beg plead lie cheat and check out any old antique computer shop you may just get luckey.

I found a box set of Civ 1, Civ 2, and Civ: ToT in Harvey Norman (in Kalgoorlie, WA, if you want to be really specific!) for $29.95. You really just have to search all those big chains and look in the bargain bins or just ask them to search thier computers to see if they have it.

Its a bit of a hit and miss affair.... If your really, really desperate having not found it in the shops within the next few days or so, just go ahead and download it from the net.

I mean, what the hell else are u s'pose to do?! :confused:

Go to XXXXXXXXXXX and search for abandonware (or any other search engine) and check out each site that pops up. You will quickly find a place to download it. And to all who have a problem with this: I bought 9 games in the classic bins of the stores where I live. I got Civ 2 and Alpha Centauri but no matter where I looked there was no Civ 1. I would have bought it if I could have.
If these game companies are so worried about piracy they should find a way to make their games available so people can buy them at the store. Then people wouldn't have to search all over the net for hours on end trying to find the games they want!
I mean, who wouldn't spend $10 on an old game just to have a permanent version with all the music etc? And to make sure that it has not been modified. Some of the Civ's i've downloaded have errors in them. I would love to buy the real version.
You can also get games off of file sharing like XXXXXXXXXXX. But be wary of virus's

Moderator edit: As promised to those who flout the rules of this site, anyone posting details of illegal Civ1 downloads on this forum will find their posts edited, the threads closed and themselves banned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom