Does it make sense to add more than one attack to air units?

Lionic

King
Many of air units have more than one attack animation (i.e. one animation for gun, one for rockets), but does it make sense to set up ATTACK2 or ATTACK3 in .ini file? Did anyone notice your air units using the second or third attack in air combat?

I have not noticed any follow-up attacks in air combat or in air-to-ground attacks. I will qualify that by stating that the most time I have seen air combat action is while playing the Pacific War scenario that came with my game disc.

I have another question and I don't see the reason to start a different thread. Does air combat look to quick for some of you? The attack and death animations are there and they are correct (I have checked by using the same art as a test land unit) but often neither is played--the defeated plane just starts loosing altitude.

Imagine I have got a Jet Fighter which has a separate Missile and Gun attacks. I have enabled both of them in .ini file so Attack1 is Missile and Attack2 is Gun. Will I ever see it using Gun?

In Storm Over the Pacific, the Dauntless dive-bomber has two attacks with bombs. To get two attacks from an Air Unit, it looks like you need to set the movement value to 2 instead of 1. I will check it when I get back to my Windows box. I would like to give the B-25 Mitchell bomber two attacks as well.

Top Bottom