Does the AI get culture bonuses as well?

Mirando

Chieftain
Do they? I settled this city before Genghis did and I have both the Tradition and Liberty openers. Before my city could even pick up one tile his had already picked up three(!?). I was mildly pissed.
I thought the gold, food and production indirectly helped them get more culture. Didn't think they actually needed bonuses for that too.

Also, the Tradition opener only works on the capital. The +1 from Liberty is the only thing that would help that city.

Yes; in fact it's quite obvious when they do.
You needed to have bought those tiles yourself before you hit end turn if you really wanted those tiles.
And buy them all at once you so can truthfully say you won't buy tiles again when they call you up to complain.

BTW Tradition opener does speed up tile acquisition in all cities.

It shouldn't, unless it was changed. Liberty +1 per city, Tradition +3 in Capitol. I noticed some changes in the polices lately but didn't see that, so you may be right for all I know..

It shouldn't, unless it was changed. Liberty +1 per city, Tradition +3 in Capitol. I noticed some changes in the polices lately but didn't see that, so you may be right for all I know..

AFAIK, the tradition opener gives +3 in the capital AND a 75% (not sure) culture cost reduction for ALL tiles.

Top Bottom