Does The Number Of Civs Cover The Earth Population Evenly???

Does the current number of Civs cover the Earth population evenly??

• Sorry? Who cares?

Votes: 8 16.0%
  • I think, it covers, may be, 10%, add a lot more, and more!

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • To my humble opinion, it covers, may be, 20%, add more!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dare to think it covers, may be, 30%, add a bit more!

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Sorry, I can't calculate right now, I dropped my calculator into the toilet bowl!

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • It covers, may be, 40%, so it is good, but a little bit more won't be a hassle!

Votes: 3 6.0%
  • I think it covers 50%, and it will get better in future!

• To my mind it should cover at least 60% of the current Earth population, excuding those insignifican

• OK. 70% - is my final say. Don't think about the rest 30%.

• No. The game civs cover all nations and races 100% and it is perfect.

• I am so tired of these endless "add my or our civ" or "don't insult me (us) by neglecting our great

Votes: 19 38.0%
  • Civilization? What Civilization?

• I am so glad that my or our Civ got covered in the game, that I am not worried about others

• I am happy that our culture was included into the game, but how come my neighbouring countries were

• I think it's not the end of the day, we will get more Civs, eventually covering at least 75-80% of t

Votes: 3 6.0%

• Total voters

Dervish

Chieftain
16 is the current number of Civs in Civ3, don't you think it is almost racism not to mention about others???

Of course not! But history hasn't been so kind as to remedy that problem! So for a quasi-accurate placement lets just stick with it shall we? But enlarging Europe a bit to accomadate as some map-makers have done is definately a fair idea!

I am so tired of these endless "add my or our civ" or "don't insult me (us) by neglecting our great Civ" or "I will tell my Mommy that you ignored our great culture!"---- Beautiful i agree entirely

I would suggest that we all start as "cave people" or "hairy people" that way we can get much fairer deal.:lol:

It would be nearly impossible to satisfy every culture (country) out there today. This would mean probably 50-100 or more civs, and if the game designers spent that much time creating all those different civs, then gameplay and other things in the game would have been sacrificed greatly. And would you still include the ancient civs that aren't around today? Although I love my Canadian neighbors, I'd rather see the Aztecs in this game than the Canadians.

I'm wondering though, in your question you used the word "evenly". It would be totally unfair to do it perfectly even since China and India together probably totals about 25% of the world's population, does that mean they would be entitled to 4 of the 16 civs?

I think the game does a good (although not perfect, nothing ever is perfect) job of balancing out civs that played a major part of history and/or to satisfy land areas. Although I believe the Incans or Mayans should be in there instead of Iroquois. Imagine how boring it would be if there were only 1 or 2 civs in the entire western hemisphere. Or if 13 out of the 16 civs were in the middle east and Europe.

I agree, actually I used this word incorrectly, should be, may be, "justly"?
What I meant to say was, are they enough to represent all more or less important civilizations or cultures that have contributed to the World History?
Sorry for misunderstanding.

Originally posted by Dervish
I would suggest that we all start as "cave people" or "hairy people" that way we can get much fairer deal.:lol:

That's What they Did with Empire Earth..... i own both but like Civ3 much more, mostly because Sid Myers decided not to, although the editor for EE is a little better.

Look, it's definitely not racism. This game is made by Americans (who are mainly European). Firaxis could have made only European civs if they wanted to (or perhaps only the American civ), but they added in other civs to make the game more interesting.

Anyway, Firaxis added in as many civs as they could (and some nations never kept any written records so it's difficult for Firaxis to know what unique units and attributes to give them).

Originally posted by SKILORD

That's What they Did with Empire Earth..... i own both but like Civ3 much more, mostly because Sid Myers decided not to, although the editor for EE is a little better.

Ye, but, they still got names for civ's. I suggest to start as even "Neandarthals", may be, no names, no political correctness.:lol:

King Sid and his Firaxi labourers should focus on the back bone and we, the users, may make additional civs. I believe some people have already made a Spanish, Dutch and Danish civ which can be downloaded from some sites. Of course, making animations may be a bit too much to ask of the average amateur, and a button "add/remove" in the unhacked civilization editor would also help.

I am surprised that Spain isn't featured. At the time when Elizabeth ruled England in the late 16th century, Spain was the most powerful and richest nation in Europe. I have to say I miss Phillip from civ 2 days!

Originally posted by Dervish
I agree, actually I used this word incorrectly, should be, may be, "justly"?
What I meant to say was, are they enough to represent all more or less important civilizations or cultures that have contributed to the World History?
Sorry for misunderstanding.

i think the mongols need to be added
the absence of the mongols shocked me considering they controlled the largest empire the world has ever seen, from the danube to china, they are prolly one civ i would expect in no matter what
certainly more important i think than the indian civilization
the spanish, carthagians and vikings would also be a welcome addition tho competion in europe and the med would be far more competitive

Originally posted by Yoko

Weren't the Mongols always on the move, with no settled cities? So even if the mongols were a great civ to add, it wouldn't be possible for fireaxis to incorporate in civ3.

If a Mongol expert comes and names 30 mongol cities for me then I take my word back:egypt:

ps. I still think that Spain should have been added more than any other civ.

Originally posted by Angelic_Tyrant
Originally posted by Yoko

Weren't the Mongols always on the move, with no settled cities? So even if the mongols were a great civ to add, it wouldn't be possible for fireaxis to incorporate in civ3.

If a Mongol expert comes and names 30 mongol cities for me then I take my word back:egypt:

ps. I still think that Spain should have been added more than any other civ.

The mongols are in civ3! They're a minor tribe (of barbarians of course, they don't give maps or techs ;) )!!!

As for their cities in the real world.. Well, there was Karakorum which was built in Genghis Khan's times.. Apart from that, they just conquered cities from the chinese, arabs, russians, Kharezm (or was it Kwarezm?), etc :ninja:

Nowadays they have more cities... But when we talk mongols we talk about their good ol' days, don't we? ;)

But if you want 30 cities from their time of splendor, we can always go hunt down names like Samarkand and other Kwarezm and etc cities that aren't in civ3 civs so far ;)

Top Bottom