Does this look familiar?

I've tried a couple. It is fun spending getting more time on modern unit and buildings. I'm looking at separating Civ 7 in two parts so that the game play changes a lot more than it does in Civ6 rather than just more content. The gameplay should become more about connecting your cities with railroad (single or double track?) and sewer systems and less about placing improvements. And I like the early part of the game and having to decide when and where to place improvements.
As a Spin-off Game like a mix of Victoria and Hearts of Iron, but Civ? Yeah, Count me in. But an actual split of Civ7 Timeline? No I wouldn't welcome that tbh. Civ wouldn't be Civ if you can't play from Ancient to at least Contemporary Era. But again, as a Spin-Off for just Industrial/Modern Era+ that would be interesting.

As a Spin-off Game like a mix of Victoria and Hearts of Iron, but Civ? Yeah, Count me in. But an actual split of Civ7 Timeline? No I wouldn't welcome that tbh. Civ wouldn't be Civ if you can't play from Ancient to at least Contemporary Era. But again, as a Spin-Off for just Industrial/Modern Era+ that would be interesting.
I haven't played those game but looking at youtube videos they appear to be a more abstracted then what I'm thinking about but they are somewhat where I'm going. I should have been clearer: I am thinking this would be an expansion in the sense of you start as in the ancient era and play the full base game and then go into the Industrial/Modern Era+ game. And they would not be completely different just different in was that makes gameplay or immersion better. I'm not asking for much, am I? :lol::lol::lol:

looking at youtube videos they appear to be a more abstracted
They are more of a Numbers and Modifiers Game, yes, mostly, compared to Civ's Gameplay that focuses a lot on Map Actions, especially Civ6. But apart from that, their mechanics are usually more fleshed out and detailed than Civ's. But depending on the Game, some Games will have some simplified mechanics that the other Game has more fleshed out, like Warfare in HOI4 is way more engaging and tactical (obviously, bc it's a Warfare Game) than in Victoria 3, where it's more abstracted and strategic, but in returns has a more Economy and Population focused Game.

Also, FYI, those Games have Mods that can convert Saves from a Game to another. Like allowing to start a Game in EU4 and finishing it in Victoria 2-3.

I haven't played those game but looking at youtube videos they appear to be a more abstracted then what I'm thinking about but they are somewhat where I'm going. I should have been clearer: I am thinking this would be an expansion in the sense of you start as in the ancient era and play the full base game and then go into the Industrial/Modern Era+ game. And they would not be completely different just different in was that makes gameplay or immersion better. I'm not asking for much, am I? :lol::lol::lol:
The AoE series and AoM, their homages SWGB and the EE series, can set a contiguous range of ages that the an individual skirmish game will be limited to. But, that does tend to work ridiculously simply in their game mechanics.

Top Bottom