Domestic issues 100 BC (western cities)

What shall we do in our eastern cities ?

• A1. Build marketplace in Doughnutia (strongly recommended)

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • A2. Build courthouse in Dou

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A3. Build library in Dou

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • B. IPRB whatever gets built in Dou 4 turns from now (recommended)

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • C. Enable Neumatic to grow per Funxus' plan

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • D. Switch to settler in LC, then caravan

• E1. Establish trade route (demanded) from EF to Dou using copper caravan

• E2. Store EF's copper caravan in Dou (recommended)

• F1. Build another caravan in RF once the current one is finished

• F2. Build settler in RF once caravan is finished and then expand W/N

• G1. Build wonder next in Neu

• G2. Build caravan next in Neu (recommended)

• G3. Build marketplace next in Neu

• H1. Irrigate shielded grassland/river squares near Neu once city square is irrigated

• H2. Do something else with settler in Neu (please specify)

• I1. Irrigate shielded grassland/river squares near Dou once settler arrives

• I2. Do something else with settler that soon arrives near Dou (please specify)

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters

TheViking

The world is not enough
I'm splitting the poll into two parts since 'only' 20 options are possible.

I strongly recommend a marketplace in Dou ahead of other improvements. It increases trade more than a courthouse since corruption isn't huge. A library only affects science whereas a marketplace affects both money and luxuries and makes it easier to celebrate. I also recommend to IPRB the MP 4 turns from now. The reason is that roughly 10 turns from now we may have Astronomy which means starting Copernicus. At that time I'd like MP to be finished and preferrably CH too which would mean to IPRB CH the moment we discover Astronomy or shortly thereafter.

Option C refers to Funxus' plan from the 100 BC thread for enabling Neumatic to grow by rearranging terrain utilization in that area:

"It needs 12 more shields. Either we switch to fish (or other) directly to finish it in 4 turns, or we play one more turn with 5s, next turn switch to rivered plain, and then to fish in two turns to finish it in 3 turns.
I think it should have priority for the fish, meaning we'd have to rearrange the serfs in that area."

This is a good plan IMO.

I think we should start irrigating near Neu once the city square is irrigated. If you disagree please specify what to do. Ditto for Dou.

EDIT: I forgot to ask in the poll what to build in PB once the settler is completed. I recommend a caravan - if anyone disagrees please say so here :D

I looked over the options and the recommended ones seem good. As for the ones without recommendation (option G). I favor a settler to maybe settle some of the new land we have discovered or improve our exisiting land, but I wouldn't mind a caravan. I also recommend a caravan for PB.

Still pondering the options but Markets only increase Gold and Luxuries, not total trade (i.e., they do not improve science) However, Market could help more in republic by extending celebrations with the luxury increase, but a library will help our research immediately (especially considering we'll have research set at a higher rate than gold for a while) This is probably more important in our SSC than the market because it helps us get to needed techs sooner. The market shouldn't be far behind, however.

Originally posted by TimTheEnchanter
Markets only increase Gold and Luxuries, not total trade (i.e., they do not improve science)
Oops, yes this is correct. I made a correction in my original message to reflect this fact.

One problem I didn't mention: The wonder race has been and will be tight for some time so I'm finding it rather difficult to find time/opportunity for our western cities to build settlers to expand (I prefer irrigating near Neu and especially Dou). Cities like Ipec or Igloria should probably supply the settlers should we decide to expand north. Expanding west is tempting but IMO, as mentioned, difficult at the moment.

Voted (A3) Library since research rate is higher and techs are a priority now. Market will barely pay for itself at this stage.

Voted to (B) rushbuy in Dough, although frankly I don't quite follow the logic behind doing it "4 turns from now" as opposed to sooner

Didn't vote for C since we can grow Neumatic once some irrigation work is done, although again, I'm not sure I understand the subtleties of the plan. (There's a problem with me answering these long, involved polls on a Gin & Tonic night ;) )

Voted (D) because we need to develop the West. Tempted to keep it caravan to make sure we get Cope's in Doughnut, but I doubt we're at risk of losing it anytime soon.

(E2) Don't deliver copper - i've posted my thoughts on this in the game thread.

(F2) Settler in RF

(G2) Caravan=flexible

(H1) Sounds good. We'll be working those squares so improving them makes sense.

(I2) First I would mine the fourth dough special (the Sheilded Grassland 2 squares S of Archer Mountain), then probably Irrigate the river starting with the Sheilded Grass at the mouth of the river.

Originally posted by TimTheEnchanter:
Voted to (B) rushbuy in Dough, although frankly I don't quite follow the logic behind doing it "4 turns from now" as opposed to sooner

The logic is to keep some cash reserves - to RB now costs a lot.

Voted (D) because we need to develop the West. Tempted to keep it caravan to make sure we get Cope's in Doughnut, but I doubt we're at risk of losing it anytime soon.

I was not sure of this myself - building a settler is very tempting but having lots of caravans is tempting too in the long term. We want both Cope and Mike.

(I2) First I would mine the fourth dough special (the Sheilded Grassland 2 squares S of Archer Mountain), then probably Irrigate the river starting with the Sheilded Grass at the mouth of the river.

I had forgotten about the special (are we 100% certain there's a special there ?). If it is there I agree, we should mine ASAP. However, I voted for irrigation because I had forgotten about this (there's a problem doing these polls when it's 0200 in the night and you realize you had forgotten to do a poll just before going to sleep ;)). DoM should change my vote here, assuming the special is there.

Yes, there should be a special there, and although I voted irrigation I realize mining first is better:)

I agree with Tim, we need a library in Dou before MarketPlace.

About the settler in Neu, I'd like to road between EF and LP first, and when we get a few more settlers, I think roading through east should be the job for one or two of them, to speed up units and caravans.

H2 - I think we need to build Barbarians Suck...and by the name you all should know where i want to put the city

Top Bottom