Domination Only Victory- AI

Droppinds

Chieftain
I'm wondering if setting the game to domination victory only changes the behavior of AI?

I recently did this but did not see any more warmongering than usual (and not big wars when they happened). I am looking for a game with lots of fireworks and wars to make things exciting. Maybe choosing all warmongering civs for the game is best way to do it?

Yes. It does change the behavior of the AI. It actually makes the game easier actually depending on what you do.

1. None of the AI will choose Freedom.

2. All AIs across the board get a minor increase to unit building preference.
But this still means the same AIs that normally build the most cultural buildings will continue to be the same ones doing so, just at a slightly slower rate.
This will make the game easier because all AIs will build the science buildings slightly slower.

A same type of question :

What if playing with all Victories enabled but Time ?

A same type of question :

What if playing with all Victories enabled but Time ?

Disabling time victory will have zero effect on AI behavior. The AI never actually peruses a time victory. It just does such a bad job on whichever one it did choose that it looks like it.

Disabling time victory will have zero effect on AI behavior. The AI never actually peruses a time victory. It just does such a bad job on whichever one it did choose that it looks like it.

Tell that to Korea in my last game @@
I had Domination+time victories and they all behaved like this: early war->conquering, late war->formal(not even sending troops to the enemy, near end-> they mocked by asking tribute from a CS i pledged to protect. Even though i destroyed x2 cities of his every time he asked a tribute he still managed to win the game by having huge army hidden somewhere...

Maybe choosing all warmongering civs for the game is best way to do it?

I would say that. Put Shaka, Attila, Gengis, Washington, Askia, Alex and Ashurbanipal in a Pangea map and let the magic work.

Its possible to have ai for full domination but i doubt it would attempt to take all capitals.

Its possible to have ai for full domination but i doubt it would attempt to take all capitals.

And definitely won't succeed in taking the humans.

I kinda feel like the whole concept of the AI and victory conditions in these games needs to be revisited. (probably when they make Civ 6)

As it is, they've got plenty of ways for a human player to win, but the AI either sleepwalks into a victory if left long enough, or the human player ragequits at some misfortune so the AI wins by default.

They should either design victory conditions their AIs are able to effectively pursue, or have the AI win in different ways to a human player (EG: By preventing them achieving a victory condition before the time runs out) if they can't manage that.

Top Bottom