Don't lie! Who's eyes watered on the intro movie?

I thought it was rather touching. It's a nice change to have an intro that has a more human perspective than just a historical one.

I was wondering: were the two of them based off of any particular culture or just a generic mishmash of "ancient" elements?

I thought it was rather touching. It's a nice change to have an intro that has a more human perspective than just a historical one.

I was wondering: were the two of them based off of any particular culture or just a generic mishmash of "ancient" elements?

Their clothing suggest middle-east somewhere. Possibly Jewish? But the old man's vision was of all cultures....oh, and the Viking scene is an obvious foreshadowing of them bringing the vikings to us in dlc.

It's the best intro ever for a Civ game, and one of the best for any game (my personal fav is still the opening for the original Descent: Freespace).

It's an amazing rendering job, really stunning. And a fantastic immersion into the game. A true work of art.

--Julian

I had a chill run up my spine. I thought the intro perfectly captured why I like to play Civ.

I was impressed by the graphics, as I always am with each new game movie. There are parts of it where you forget you're watching a computer game movie, so that's good.

Ya I skipped it, took me about 50 clicks and hitting esc. I only saw to where the boats are.

The best civ intro so far (the only one that is good actualy...).

Very impressive

OMG, i posted this on another thread, I was about to cry, I was holding it back, but i couldnt help but let a tear slide when the digital "V" materialized at the end. Better then any block buster movie.

It's very well done. :)

I especially liked the "Welcome back my son" line.

Brought a smile to my face.

Can't get the entire video to play(crashes a second after the boats on the water are shown) so couldn't tell you lol.

Top Bottom