Don't mine me! - The hammerless challenge

The final report
Thanks to Asperger, war was almost prepared. I started a GA and took a few more turns to fill the boats and sailed over:

I decided to take on Alex because he was so close, and had a big enough landmass for domination I reckoned.

Attacking from the sea I took the first city:

Alex retalliated with catapults, tebuchets and some cannons.

After I took a few of his cities Alex gave in and capitulated. I decided to give in to his request to finish off this game faster. With all the people leaving I didnt want it to drag on. Here is the situation after capitulation.

Alex's borders were very close to washington, so I declared and immediately took a few cities.

Before I knew it I reached domination:

The Conclusion
It was a fun game that showed us how much power commerce has in the game. We truly overpowered all our enemies in tech level. But with money we were also able to purchase more than enough units.

Too bad this game died a little bit in beauty caused by computer problems of two people, leaving us with only two. I also blame myself, as I started this game when I was involved in 4 other SG which turned out to be too much, esp in combination with RL. With more time you can take more time to play and write reports. From now on I decided to play less SG at a time so I can write better reports :):cool:

BTW. This was our highest commerce position. We had 6 times the commerce of the number 2. :lol:

Some end game screenshots.

Too bad this capitulation doesnt show the orange blob expanding, but you can see I rolled up Washington with ease.

Not a bad score I would say. :D

Saves:
Before taking Washington
View attachment 141294
End save:
View attachment 141295

Congratulations, it was a nice variant, and we didn't even consider to build the Kremlin, which would make us 50% more powerful!

Kremlin is very powerful in this variant, should have been a goal I guess.

Wonder what commerce only could do at higher difficulties.

Congratulations! Good game, nice strategy. Any thoughts on possible streamlining?

Like Asperger said Kremlin would have help :blush:

We could have attacked sooner, as our science lead was significant. Not sure if a really early domination would be possible.

With the science lead, I reckon even a space race is possible. Perhaps with a Great engineer farm.

The cool thing about this variant is that once you get US (with Kremlin) you spend money to make money. Every few turns you can rush structures to increase gold and science. Total commerce spirals up and up.

I am thinking about starting a new hammerless challenge on Emperor level to try to make a space race possible. Not sure if it is, but if we have science lead like in this game we should have a shot. Maybe I remove the rule of not building production increasing buildings. Then the variant would consist of not building mines, workshops and lumber mills, and watermills. And always focus on commerce and food.
We could play an English leader (financial and bank unique building) or Korean (Financial and University unique building)

I would like to thank all, Chrono, Asperger, Karr and Lurkers, for participating in this SG.

I hope to see you back in:

Don't mine me either - The hammerless space race (emperor)

I wont lock assets that time around, and we'll probably play the english or koreans.

Top Bottom