Dot Map Help for Bug mod.

stowell48

Chieftain
I am unable to get my dot map to work. I have previously used this feature.

I have checked in the options, and it shows that it is enabled. But when I press Alt-X nothing happens. In my BUG mod options I show Strategy Layer: Enabled (Checked) Show Dot Map (checked) Draw City Dots (checked).

Any idea why nothing is happening when I press this key combination? I have installed BUG 4.4

Thanks

Did you uninstall the previous version of BUG? If not, delete your CustomAssets folder (assuming Single Player install) and reinstall.

Did you uninstall the previous version of BUG? If not, delete your CustomAssets folder (assuming Single Player install) and reinstall.

I didn't uninstall 4.2. I actually need 4.2 for a multiplayer game I am playing. Will it work with the multiplayer install. I believe that is what choice I selected on installing it.

Thanks for the quick response.

Yes, multiplayer installs go into their own folder inside the Mods folder, so you can have several versions of BUG installed that way. Take a look at the Troubleshooting page in my sig for instructions on setting up logging so I can see what's going on. Then launch a game, turn the dotmap on and off several times, and finally post the two PythonErr.log and PythonDbg.log files from your My Games / BTS / Logs folder.

Yes, multiplayer installs go into their own folder inside the Mods folder, so you can have several versions of BUG installed that way. Take a look at the Troubleshooting page in my sig for instructions on setting up logging so I can see what's going on. Then launch a game, turn the dotmap on and off several times, and finally post the two PythonErr.log and PythonDbg.log files from your My Games / BTS / Logs folder.

Ok thanks, here is the files. Let me know if you see anything. I just opened the game and hit ALT-X a bunch of times and then logged out.

Attachments

• Logs.zip
    21.6 KB · Views: 67
Ok, here is something weird. I was able to get the dot map to show up.

But I can't get it to show up holding down ALT then pressing X. If I try and hit alt-x at the same time over and over it will eventually pull up.

Really Strange. Since ALT-S pulls up every time while holding down ALT then pressing S.

Do you have one of those spiffy gaming keyboards that has perhaps remapped Alt-X?

I have a Logitech G15, and I was using Alt-X for a macro function in Windows, mapped to one of the specialty keys. This is fine, as long as I use the Civ profile when playing. If I don't, no dot maps. :crazyeye:

Do you have one of those spiffy gaming keyboards that has perhaps remapped Alt-X?

I have a Logitech G15, and I was using Alt-X for a macro function in Windows, mapped to one of the specialty keys. This is fine, as long as I use the Civ profile when playing. If I don't, no dot maps. :crazyeye:

Nope, no special mappings done. Since Alt-S works, but Alt-X only does when hitting it the same time and doing it over and over until it pops up.

I'm at a loss as to why it is doing this.

Sticky X key, maybe? Does it display every time you hit it in Notepad, or some such program?

If it isn't making a good connection, that would explain why you need to hit Alt-X a number of times before it works...

Sticky X key, maybe? Does it display every time you hit it in Notepad, or some such program?

If it isn't making a good connection, that would explain why you need to hit Alt-X a number of times before it works...

Nope, X key and Alt key both work perfectly every time I press them in Windows.

I see in the logs the old shortcut is also still active: ALT + F10 and CTRL + F10. Try those and see if you get the same random behavior. If not you can modify "CustomAssets / Config / Strategy Overlay.xml" and change the <shortcut>s for the dotmap.

I have the cheat code enabled and the Strat Layer shortcut keys (which I always forget) are really similar to the civ4 cheat keys reveal map and swap player. I fixed that by removing the cheat code.

Top Bottom